Sabai Sabai Yoga Retreat Koh Lanta
7 day package:
● 2 daily yoga practices (morning power flow, evening restorative)
● Daily meditation
● Accommodation in air conditioned or premier fan rooms with full buffet breakfast and roundtrip airport transfer
● Day Boat trip with snorkeling to Andaman Sea islands
● Cooking class at Lanta Thai Cooking school
● Daytrip to ASA Lanta Eco Village
● Meditation/ Pranayama, Principles of Yoga and Massage Workshop
Type of Event
Premier fan room £799
Air conditioned room £849
Prices available for shared rooms (contact us for more details)
Julia is a 500 hour certified hatha and vinyasa flow instructor (Yoga Alliance).
Every moment of her teaching, whether gentle and meditative or challenging and fiery, is grounded in accessible, practical movement and, above all, in the cultivation of breath-linking awareness. She offers variations for every practitioner, from injured, to beginner, to "advanced," although Julia believes that there is no such thing as a "better" yogi, only a more conscious practitioner – and that anyone, regardless of physical prowess, can practice with presence. Such regular practice helps cultivate strength, flexibility, and peace of mind: qualities that the practitioner can take off the mat, as it’s in the daily practice of life where the fruits of practice on the mat bloom.
Julia is, additionally, a trained clinical psychologist ( August 2013), and is also currently completing a Masters of Science in Yoga Therapy. Julia's belief in yoga as therapy stems from her own experience of its rehabilitative properties. Traditional physical therapies having proved unproductive following reconstructive ankle surgery, Julia turned to yoga and gained not only the ability to again walk and run with ease, but also a profound acceptance of the inevitable times in life when we falter. Julia teaches yoga as empowering therapy for body, mind, and, ultimately, spirit.
Suzi was educated and certified as a Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist in 2006, founding the successful London fitness company Suzi Hall PT (). She has a wealth of knowledge, expertise and experience in -- and passion for -- health and fitness. Suzi is deeply enthusiastic about working with people, bodies and muscles, and simply and fully helping people feel their best. In 2011, Suzi set sail to Koh Lanta, Thailand, to train in Thai Boxing and simultaneously deepen her yoga practice. Today, she is an island-renown massage therapist and yoga instructor. She’s in constant demand to deliver her own style, deep tissue, therapeutic massage to private clients and currently teaches yoga classes with an openness and understanding, encouraging students to exercise non-judgement, compassion and patience towards their bodies. Her training sessions are tough and focussed, but also include a holistic approach towards body, mind, and spirit.
● Morning power flow classes will be geared to warm and stretch the body and awaken the soul, readying limbs and spirit for a day in the paradise that is Koh Lanta.
● Evening restorative classes will soothe sun-baked bodies, and provide the space for all of the benefits of the day’s relaxation and exploration to soak in.
Workshops 90mins each (at additional cost):
● Massage with Suzi: A trained massage therapist, Suzi will impart the basics of muscle tissue release and massage techniques to practice with friends and partners.
● Principles of yoga theory: Julia will guide a course on the holistic practice that is yoga, including an entre into the eight yogic limbs, as well as an introduction to classic yogic texts.
● Meditation and Pranayama: Julia will guide the class in meditative and yogic breathing principles and practice--useful tools to take off the mat and into daily life.
THE RESORT: ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORT
● Relax Bay () is located on Prae Ae, near Long beach, a great location on Koh Lanta. A stunning
escape tucked into the beachside jungle, resort guests enjoy a private beach, swimming pool and restaurant. ○ Accommodation includes room and buffet breakfast. ○ Relax Bay restaurant serves lunch and dinner at additional cost.
THE PLACE: KOH LANTA
● Lanta offers a number of fun activities: from meeting elephants and exploring waterfalls, strolling along the waterfront of Lanta’s Old Town, to beach parties, tattoo artists, Thai massage, paddlesports, snorkeling and diving, a week in Lanta is as busy, or as relaxed, as you’d like it to be.
THE ADVENTURE: ORGANISED DAY TRIPS
● Thai cooking course: A “must-do” of any trip to Thailand. Learn about the local herbs, spices that make Thai cuisines so delicious and healthy. Sure to be a sumptuous -- and fun! -- afternoon.
● ASA Lanta: We will tour the island’s only completely self-sustaining eco village, and learn the how-tos of living in harmony with one’s environment. The tour will include optional lessons on jungle life, including making a fire, cooking in the wild, or making jewellery. There will be additional time to explore and and enjoy the rich jungle environment.
● Boat Trip: We’ll spend a day on a private boat touring the islands of the Andaman sea, snorkeling through coral habitats, swimming into the Emerald cave, and finish with a special trip to a deserted beach for afternoon yoga practice. Lunch will be provided.