Sacred Journey to the Mystical Himalayas
Join us on a transformative journey to the Himalayas. Following the footsteps of pilgrims and sages, we reach the source of Ganga, where we can touch the source of our own being.
Take your yoga and meditation practice to a more powerful and in-depth level. Inspire your teaching and deepen your understanding and practice of yoga as a way of life.
Type of Event
Day 1| May 27: Rishikesh
Introduction to the pilgrimage with fire ceremony and celebratory meal
Day 2 | May 28: Rishikesh: Yoga, Meditation and Ashrams
Yoga, kriya, meditation and satsang with Shailendra Negi, a Vedic yogi
Shivananda Kutir – experience the special vibrations of the sacred abode of one of India’s most famous saints
Rafting Ganga – experience the thrill of the sacred waters of India’s holiest river
Day 3 | May 29: Rishikesh: Ancient Caves and Ganga Aarti:
Vashista Gufa – an ancient cave where sages have meditated for thousands of years
Ganga Aarathi & Yajna– ancient rituals & worship of Ganga at Parmath Niketan
Day 4 | May 30: Rishikesh: Women Saints and more sacred caves
Ananda Mayi Ma’s Mahasamadhi (tomb) – Ma was a famed woman saint known for her blissful states
Tat Wallah Baba Cave – explore the cave ashram of this revered yogi
Day 5 | May 31: Travel to Uttarkashi
Known as the Valley of the Gods, Uttarkashi is an ancient centre for yogis and rishis. Visit the Vishwanath temple and enjoy talks and satsang with Aadinath Swaroop, a learned teacher.
Day 6 | June 1: Travel to Ganganani and Gangotri
To Ganganani and Gangotri – Stop for a hot bath at a natural spring. At Gangotri we will visit the temple to Mother Ganga and experience the rich cultural heritage of this region.
Day 7 & 8 | June 2 & 3: Gangotri
A unique opportunity to spend time with Swami Sundarananda. He's considered to be one of the great yogi Himalayan Masters, who has mastered all the yoga postures and pranayamas and is a famous photographer and mountaineer. He has chronicled his devotion to the natural beauty of the Himalayas in his gallery.
There will be an opportunity to share in meditation with Swamiji and to visit Bhakti, a woman saint who lives in a cave. A devotee of Hanuman. She has spent 14 years of unbroken sadhana living in the Himalayas. Explore the Pandava Cave, which is famed as the abode of the 5 Pandava brothers described in the Indian classic – The Mahabharata.
Day 9 | June 4: Gangotri to Chirbhasa
3 & half hour trek (or pony ride) from Gangotri to Chirbhasa – experience the beauty and majesty of the Ganga river valley.
Day 10 | June 5: Chirbhasa to Bhojvasa
2 & half hour trek (or pony ride) from Chirbhasa to Bhojvasa – enchanting views of the Bhagirathi peaks. Kirtan with Nirmala Das who has been practising kundalini yoga and samadhi since 1987.
Day 11 | June 6: Bhojvasa to Tapovan
Bhojvasa to Tapovan – Trolly car takes us across Ganga and we climb up to a beautiful alpine meadow at the base of Shivaling mountain.
Day 12 to 14 | June 7: Tapovan
Tapovan: Immerse yourself in the sacred silence of a place where centuries of spiritual seekers have come to experience the oneness. Have satsang and meditation sessions with Nagadas, who has lived there in silence for over 10 years and Sri Anand, a swami who recently came out of silence to share his wisdom with spiritual seekers.
Day 15 | June 10 : Back to Gangotri
Trek back (or pony ride) back to Gangotri.
Day 16 | June 11: Gangotri to Rishikesh
Highway from Heaven - Gangotri to Rishikesh
Day 17 | June 12: Rishikesh - Closing Fire Ceremony
Early morning closing fire ceremony in Rishikesh.
- Deepen your own practice with meditation and yoga
- Explore ashrams, temples, caves, colorful bazaars and more
- Dive deep into the profound spirituality of India
- Immerse yourself in the sacred waters of Ganga
- Walk the ancient pathway to the awe-inspiring Gomukh
- Meditate in caves blessed by yogis and saints
- Awaken to the magnificence of Shivaling at dawn
- Experience the silence of the song of the mountains
- Spend time in Satsang with saints and yogis
• Accommodation: guest houses (Rishikesh and Uttakarshi), yoga ashram (Gangotri), supported camping in Gangotri National Park. Guest houses on twin share basis unless upgraded to single.
• All travel within India by road
• Celebratory dinner on first night
• All breakfasts
• All meals, morning and afternoon teas on pilgrimage route from Gangotri to Tapovan return
• Entrance fees to Gangotri Park
• Yoga, kirtan and meditation classes
• Air fares
• Indian visa
• Taxi fare to/from Jolly Grant airport to Vedic Yoga Guest House for commencement, completion of the journey
• Lunch and dinners at Rishikesh, Uttakarshi and Gangotri (there is choice of excellent Indian and western style vegetarian restaurants)
• Pony, porter and/or helicopter service if needed during the trek.
Early Bird:$2,500(until End of March 2019)
Full Price: $2,995
$500 deposit to secure your ticket
Follow the link to learn more: