SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training
Anchored in the Baptiste Yoga methodology, in this training you will learn how to share yourself, connect with others, and create positive change in the world. The skills and experience you receive are applicable to any teaching or leadership role in or out of a yoga studio.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Core Strength
*This is our firm schedule, with minor revisions as needed.
Program Timeline (Subject to Change):
May 1, 2014--REGISTRATION OPEN! Program Schedule/Pricing/Applications available
May-August 30, 2014--Applications accepted and reviewed within 2 weeks
July 15, 2014--Date for early bird pricing discounts
September 1, 2014—All Final Payments due in full (non-refundable)
September 6-8, Weekend 1: Foundations
September 13-15, Weekend 2: Guest Master Teacher Danielle Nagel
September 27-29, Weekend 3: Your Authentic Voice as a teacher, Philosophy and History
October 11-13, Weekend 4: Anatomy
October 25-27, Weekend 5: Teacher Assisting Program
November 8-10, Weekend 6: Teaching basics, backbends, twists and more
November 22-24, Weekend 7: Turn your word upside down, Inversions
December 5-7, Weekend 8: Learn to fly, arm balances
December 12-13, Weekend 8.5: Exams and Closing Celebration!
• $500 non-refundable deposit with completed application to secure your space (to be applied towards full tuition)
• $3,200 Early registration discount—by July 15, 2014
• $3,500 Registration after July 15, 2014
• All final payments due by September 1, 2014 and are non-refundable
*Program Cost includes: A FREE 4-month membership (value $500) for unlimited classes at all three SHAKTI
Vinyasa Yoga Studio locations in Ballard, Bellevue, and Redmond.
Has yoga changed your life? Stand tall, be bold, and share why you love yoga! Learn to teach yoga from a place of Truth, Power, Compassion, Authenticity and Passion! Enhance and refine your yoga practice, experience personal transformation, and learn to inspire others!
During this four-month, in-depth, comprehensive course of study, we will help you develop your personal strengths and use your opportunities as places for growth. Your skills will expand and evolve in this highly supportive environment, through discussion, contribution, personal involvement, community building, coaching, hands-on assisting, and practice teaching. The program includes an emphasis on learning practical skills and real classroom experience. Through your own personal transformation, you will learn how to support, guide, and inspire others on their own path of physical and spiritual awakening.
This 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teaching Training will include 180 hours of contact hours and 20 hours of independent study. The skills and experience that you will receive include:
• Ability to teach a comprehensive, all-levels, challenging vinyasa yoga class
• Awareness of healthy asana alignment, form, and modifications
• Understanding of effective sequencing based on Baptiste Yoga methodology
• Ability to effectively assist and evaluate students’ needs
• Gaining real, hands-on practice teaching experience
• Ability to teach Ujjayi and other Pranayama breathing techniques
• Implementing knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology in yoga
• Gaining self-awareness through self-study, discussions, and personal coaching
• Learning a basic overview of the history and roots of yoga through a study of the sutras and the Eight Limbs of yoga path.
• Practicing healthy, professional lifestyles, boundaries, and ethics for yoga teachers
• Implementing effective, powerful communication, presentation, and bold leadership skills
• Understanding of how we teach and live yoga beyond the classroom
• Learning the business of teaching yoga, creating programs, and owning studios.
Training Program Location: SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga Redmond
Apply for Teacher Training in Two Easy Steps!
1) Application: Please complete the application form, save the original and send a copy as an email attachment to SHAKTI Redmond Attention: 2014 200 HR Teacher Training Program
DOWNLOAD the Teacher Training application and put deposit down HERE:
CALL WITH QUESTIONS: 425.867.9642