Shakti Yoga Retreat
Yoga and Shakti Retreat with Fiona - May 8 - 14, June 19-25, July 17 - 23 and September 25 - October 1
Tune into the universal nature of your being and your connect with your own deepest experience through the with movement practices of yoga, pranayama, yoga nidra and meditation. Sooth your soul and nourish your senses.
Type of Event
May 8 - 14
July 17 - 23
September 25 - October 1
The retreat is an introduction to some of the ancient philosophies of hatha yoga and tantra. With the theme of shakti, the powerful creative life force, the week will approach asana and yoga practice through exploration of the elements, the qualities of earth, water, air, fire and ether.
Mornings will be dynamic vinyasa yoga classes, exploring the postures of hatha yoga in a flow (vinyasa), and more intuitive and movement oriented ways. Fiona will be guiding you to explore and develop your own practice by directing you back towards your own deepest exeriences.
Afternoon sessions will introduce some of the concepts and foundations of yoga, in a practice environment. The eight limbs of hatha yoga, the ancient traditions of tantra and goddess worship, the concept of shakti, and the practices which can be helpful for us today. We will explore yoga nidra, chanting, meditation, and breathing together.
The week will close around the fire with music, local wine and a hot tub under the stars.
Our Yoga Retreat Features -
- Five days of yoga, two classes per day - vinyasa flow and hatha classes
- Three yummy wholesome meals per day
- Beautiful yurt accommodation
- Swimming in the local reservoir (a walk away) and rivers.
- Massage treatments.
- Deepen your practice with workshops, yoga nidra and meditation
- A truly sustainable and responsible holiday option
- Local walks in the heart of traditional Portugal
- Bonfire and local wine on the final evening of each week
- Opportunities to learn about living sustainably