Shamanic Yoga Workshop - for healing and transformation
Uniting the ancient practice of yoga with shamanic ritual and ceremony for healing, transformation and empowerment.
This workshop will introduce you to practicing yoga in a way that will enable you integrate the benefits of yoga into every branch of your life, so that it becomes a consistent and powerful tool for emotional and spiritual healing and support. Shamanic yoga is a means of creating transformation where it is needed and unlocking your inner potential and power: Yoga medicine
Type of Event
Shamanic yoga places the ancient art of yoga in an opening of shamanic sacred space, and calls upon the wisdom of the elements and nature for inspiration and guidance. Reconnecting us to traditions that have existed for thousands of years that honour the spirit of the earth, the skies, the oceans and rivers, and all of nature from the smallest ear of corn to the highest mountain.
In practicing shamanic yoga we delve into the invisible realms to bring healing to the parts of our lives that have become stuck or broken, to retrieve lost power, and show us a path that is lined with opportunity, possibility and purpose, for ourselves, our loved ones and the community.
Shamanic yoga reawakens our connection to all life, to spIrit and the universe. Union.
In this workshop you will:
1. Deepen your connection to the elements of the Four Directions– within and without -honouring them as teacher.
2. Merge with the spirit of the asanas to reveal their hidden gifts.
3. Explore the Medicine Wheel and work in ceremony.
4. Work with an intention for transformation, healing, breaking old habit patterns etc
5. Undertake a journey with the shamanic drum to connect with a power animal/allies in the invisible realm.
6. Discover how our yoga mats can become a place of prayer, gratitude & healing. A place to seek answers to the questions that challenge us, to face our fears, meet our allies, and unlock the power of the teacher within.
7. Create an altar to our ancestors.
8. Discover a ritual for your own personal healing journey.
9. Dance, sing, laugh, and cry!
"Fabulous, inspiring, uplifting and emotional, thank you for opening a whole new sphere of yoga to me"
No experience required.
"An amazing workshop - thank you" - Donna, March participant.
" It was fun, interesting, thought provoking, warm and nurturing!! I would recommend it to anyone." Therese, March participant.