Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Yoga Therapy
Dates: Tuesday, June 7- Sunday, June 12, 2016.
Time: 8:30 am- 8:30 pm (60 hours, including breaks)
Location: Riverstone Yoga Studio, Tarrytown NY
A $400.00 non-refundable deposit must be placed by May 17 to secure a spot for this course. The remaining balance must be paid in fully June 5, 2016 to Riverstone Yoga Studio.
Email Skybody to receive an Application for the course at
Float® Aerial Yoga was originally conceived as part a comprehensive Aerial Fitness Program implemented within Reebok Sports Club/ NY in 2008.
Float® became dubbed as the “real deal” in aerial yoga “suspension training” because of its heart felt connection to Yoga: usage of the 8 Limbs of Yoga as its guide, use of Pranayama, mindful connection to physical movement, its ongoing lessons in alignment, spatial, vestibular awareness, cultivation of inner perceptual awareness, balance, and deep meditative practices.
Also for it’s delightfully challenging, playful, and restorative movement and poses.
An aerial hammock acts as a support system to assist and achieve better balance in poses that might otherwise be more challenging, as well as open and “track” joints that are compressed due to stress or overwork, allowing gravity to help release them, relieving tension and tightness in the musculature surrounding them.
Float® makes use of physics and dynamic balance, a graceful dance between participant in conjunction with the hammock’s support system, therefore always challenging to find one’s balance and alignment in the simplest movement. This increases stability and core strength that one can carry throughout all activities in life. It also creates a deeper awareness and focus on proper alignment and posture, seeking effortless movement in the practice and greater freedom and range of motion in the body.
Best of all, Float® creates a nurturing, supportive atmosphere in the classes, maintaining a playful, creative, freeing and explorative feel throughout its movement and poses, as well as elevating and empowering one’s emotional senses.
At the end of each class, expect to feel rested, blissfully relaxed, floating, and rejuvenated.
In the Course you will learn:
* The Benefits of Float® Aerial Yoga.
* How to teach Float® Aerial Yoga.
* Flow and aerial Asanas to teach and practice.
* Poses that support the Vayus.
* Sequencing a flow and why, how to connect poses, as well as learn to create from them.
* How to safely spot or assist students and guide them in and out of poses.
* How to modify positions based on injuries or emotional/ fear issues.
* How to integrate meditation, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra into the practice.
* Skills in cuing and imaginative teaching techniques.
* How to apply anatomy into the movement.
* How to use the “plumb line” or Center of Gravity.
* The use of dynamic balance and building alignment awareness.
* Philosophy of yoga flying and creating intention.
* How to care for your equipment and hardware.
* The benefits of PLAY.
At The End of The Course:
This training is recognized by the Yoga Alliance as a continuing education yoga course. Submit your hours online on their website.
This course, upon graduation, will legally recognize you as a Skybody® Float® Aerial Yoga instructor. Under our limited license agreement, Float® Instructors can teach Aerial Yoga methodology privately, as well as in studios.
Skybody® partners with a qualified professional aerial rigger who manufactures Portable Aerial Yoga Rigs that can be broken down easily and transported to other locations to offer Privates and Semi-‐ private classes within homes or outdoors. These rigs are available for purchase through Skybody®.
Skybody® is not a Franchise. We request, however, that if you do decide to instruct within a public facility that is currently not Skybody® affiliated, that you contact Skybody® directly, to assure the rigging is set up by Skybody® safety standards, and to create an affiliation with our company.
Our agreement includes:
* A $50.00 yearly fee to retain membership with our community. The fee for the first year is included with the price of tuition for your first 60-‐ hour aerial yoga training. This fee includes private online access to our Instructor Portal, where you can find pictures and video of all the poses, and flows offered in the course. It also includes discounts on purchases for hammocks, hardware, portable aerial rigs, Skybody® products, continuing education and workshops, and pics and video of the newest moves we want to share with the community. As a member, you will also be eligible to become a Skybody® Aerial Yoga Ambassador, offering opportunities to increase income by teaching Float® Teacher Training programs, education workshops, and the newest Skybody® classes.
* No royalty fees.
* Your name and contact info in our online public database.
* Support from the Float® community regarding technique, safety, and rigging, and how we can help your business grow.
* Access to our private Instructor Facebook page where you can connect to all other Float Instructors everywhere.
There is no obligation to renew.
You must pass the practicum at the end of the course to be granted the limited license to teach Skybody® Aerial Yoga, as well as complete all the hours the course requires.
We reserve the right to require that you spend more time in the classroom, observing and taking the Aerial Yoga classes, if necessary.