Soul of a Teacher Yoga Teacher Training
This Yoga Teacher Training Program is primarily for becoming a Kundalini Yoga Teacher. But because the roots of all yoga traditions are the same, this training benefits teachers of all traditions.
This training is based on the question - What makes a good yoga teacher? It isn't just having taken a course and presenting the yoga to a group. There's more.
1) A sense of inner joy and peace: There is a certain foundation of peace and stillness that we must teach from. We must be clear about our own healing journey and come to a place of deep honesty with ourselves. We don`t have to be perfect - just deeply aware. This is the foundation we want to learn from.
- Modules I & II: The Sacred Inner Journey: Healing our Lives through Yoga
2) Understanding and Experience of the Teachings: Yoga is a combination of intellectual learning and personal experience. You can`t explain to someone what inner peace feels like. We must experience it for ourselves. In these modules, we will go deeply into the teachings, techniques, and philosophy of yoga.
- Module III: Meditation, Pranayama, & Deep Relaxation
- Module IV: Mudras, Mantra & Naam Yoga
- Module V: Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Where East meets West
- Module VI: Asanas, Bandhs - from the Inside-Out
- Module VII: Philosophy of Yoga: Exploring Yoga's Roots
- Module VIII: Integrative Healing through Food, Lifestyle & Spirit
3) The ability to transmit the teachings - bringing the yoga to the people! We will explore having the compassionate and non-judgmental presence that allows students to feel safe to explore and grow within their practice. We will learn how to teach intuitively and empathically. We will learn how to bring yoga to everyone!! It is a healing art that everyone needs - the young & old, the fit & the injured - anyone desiring good health and peace in their lives.
- Modules IX & X: Bringing Yoga to the People
This training is based in Kundalini Yoga - as taught by Yogi Bhajan. The graduate will be able to teach Kundalini yoga classes to all demographics, hatha yoga to some groups, and meditation to everyone.
But more importantly, you will be a Yogi - which means that you will bring the philosophy of yoga to everything that you touch. Whether we are officially teaching yoga classes or not, we are always teaching and affecting people`s lives.
Yoga isn't something we do on a mat. It is the way we live.
For all details see:
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Ten weekend intensives from October 2013 to July 2014
Earlybird: $2,200+HST - Paid by September 20th
Regular: $2,600+HST - Paid after September 20th
Can be paid all at once or by three post-dated cheques (September 20th, January 20th, April 20th)
Summary of the program: 200-hour certified Yoga Alliance teacher training
- attendance at all 10 modules
- personal practice at home
- personal assignments
- attendance at 5 early morning Aquarian Sadhanas
- Included in registration:
- Ten Weekend Modules
- 5 morning Sadhanas
- Bhagavad Gita, Teacher's book of kriyas & meditations
- course handouts and materials
- Yoga Certificate
KRI/Yoga Alliance: Please note that this teacher training will be Yoga Alliance Certified - not KRI-certified.