Special Event - Yoga for Peace: Over 14 Programs and Kirtan by Sita's Light
An Afternoon of Practice, Meditation and Celebration!
Over 14 Programs Scheduled including Kirtan with Sita's Light, PeacePrayer BreathWalk, Peace Salutations, Kundalini for Peace & Prosperity, Buti Yoga, Bollywood Dance, ART for Peace, Kids Yoga & Fun, Ashrams for Autism, Sounds & Crystal Healing, Nurturing Foods & Bazaar and more.
Type of Event
September 11, 2016 - 12 noon - 6pm
$35 Advanced Registration, $40 at the door,
$11 Kids (8 & under free)
Wainwright House 260 Stuyvesant Ave, Rye
$35 advance registration
$40 at the door, children
$11; under 8 free
Wainwright House is proud to announce a special community event, Yoga for Peace, on Sunday, September 11th 2016, from 12- 6
With the 15th anniversary of 9/11 coming up this year, Holly Galgano, board member and yoga teacher at Wainwright House, was inspired to hold a sacred event, an event that would awaken the vibration of peace. Galgano was at Wainwright House on the morning of September 11th 2001, and could see the smoky horror of downtown Manhattan from the waterfront property in Rye. Like many others, she was inspired to turn September 11th into a day of service and remembrance. Holly invited celebrated yogi, designer and healer Nidhi Huba of to collaborate. Nidhi, a lifetime yogi who studied directly with Yogi Bhajan, has created an amazing lineup of compassionate, skilled teachers to bring even more peace to the Wainwright community. Yogis and those interested in meditation and wellbeing are invited to cultivate and celebrate peace on the waterfront together.
Some featured teachers are:
• Sharon Manner, founder and Creator of Ashrams for Autism, , who will teach children and adults 'on the spectrum' and have information on her teacher training program for autism issues. Ashrams for Autism seeks to empower and guide the autism community toward peacefully achieving their highest potential through yoga.
• Paige Mackenzie Wellborn, a master teacher of BUTI Yoga, (a form incorporating dance/yoga and movement) will take the attendees on a joyful journey that transforms the body and the spirit during class. Says Paige, "My passion is empowering you to embody the most radiant version of yourself. I believe in play, getting out of your head and into your body, the JOY of movement, the power of intention, and the support of a sisterhood tribe.”
• Bharat Verma is a well known Bollywood choreographer who is on tour of the Called 'India's first body percussionist', he will to teach adults and kids to move and shake to increase their good vibes. His video on YouTube shows the excitement that groups experience in his workshops. 3NGK172xlI
• Debbie Bisaccia, , will be offering Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga on the water on a first-come basis. She finds that the tranquility of the water behind Wainwright House provides healing to many of her clients - one in particular, whose spouse was taken in the 9/11 tragedy, who told Debbie that it was not until she was out on the water for SUPOMYOGA with the view of where the Twin Towers stood that she was able receive needed heart healing.
• Sita's Light, , for the first time at Wainwright House, kirtan, a form of musical yogic chant will be offered by Sita's Light. Sita, along with other musicians, will lead the attendees in kirtan, or devotional chanting, which often leads to a state of inner bliss. Miriam Zernis, known as Sita, has become very sought after for the heart-opening kirtans she leads.
• Marcy Clark is leading a workshop on Chakra Clearings and Empowered Declarations. A seasoned publicist and public speaking coach, Marcy’s unique method employs a combination of energy work, yogic wisdom, guided meditations and time tested vocal and acting techniques. Participants will learn how to feel and harness the power of their voice to enable self-healing. Many participants report lasting shifts in their ability to project, to speak their truths and to speak confidently in front of larger groups.
• Wainwright House, which offers a full array of yoga and moment classes, will have its teachers participating in the day, leading asanas and meditations. Susan Wright, Patty Holmes and Paula Heitzner, WHYTA 200 Hr. Yoga Teacher Training trio, will also be making appearances and will have more information on their teacher training and how everyone can use the practice to find peace within.
With all this amazing energy coming to Wainwright House on this memorial day, how can one miss it? Tickets are $35 advance registration/$40 at the door, children $11; under 8 free.
To register for the event click here:
Yoga for Peace Event at Wainwright!
About Wainwright House: Wainwright House is the oldest non-profit, non-sectarian holistic learning center in the United States. Its mission is to inspire greater understanding through body, mind, spirit and community. In this sacred space, we seek to inspire by offering initiatives in spiritual exploration, health and healing, cultural enrichment, and environmental awareness.
Join us and experience tranquility and inspiration on Wainwright House's five acres of lawns and gardens overlooking Milton Harbor on Long Island Sound. Facilities include three buildings with meeting rooms, dining rooms, a meditation room, library, and solarium; also the Yoga Center and lodging for programs and retreats.
Wainwright House is available for meetings and events and rental by non-profit and civic organizations. For more information call 914-967-6080;