Spring Yoga, Hiking and Ritual in the Pacific Northwest
Join Gina Lee for this 5 night/6 day adventure exploring the majesty of the Pacific Northwest with like minded community. Yoga, hiking, healthful cooking and shamanic ritual in the nature.
Type of Event
Wednesday, May 14 arrival in Portland, OR. Lunch in Portland, check in to Airbnb after 2 PM. Check out Monday, May 19 travel back home.
This journey will provide you with many opportunities to connect to your most authentic self through the vehicle of daily yoga and mindful time in nature with community.
This retreat will include daily Yoga and meditation, cooking and lifestyle lectures with hands-on time in the kitchen and sacred ceremony in nature on half day and day long hikes. One of the hikes is a 9 mile long 10 waterfall loop where we are able to meditate behind a waterfall and release all that is holding us back in our subconscious. This can help us clear out anything that is preventing us from living the lives of clarity and prosperity that is our birthright. You will come back relaxed, grounded and revitalized with all of the abundance of the natural energy that infuses the region from the old growth trees and the clear rushing waters in this temperate rain forest.
The beautiful house we will call home is located in Washougal, Washington and is nestled into 10 private acres in the lush Columbia River area and is a short drive from Portland and our hiking excursions. The home includes a hot tub, sauna and fire pit for our recovery time after hiking and will provide indoor and outdoor space for yoga and relaxing. Both private rooms and shared accommodations are available, all bathrooms are shared.
Space is limited to 10 and I will not be able to book the house until we have at least five pre-registered. Take the leap of faith and join me on this chance to experience the healing power and joy of nature with community!
All prices include lodging, daily yoga/hiking, all meals and transportation during trip. Cost of Flight is additional (approximately $325) Set a Kayak alert to get a notification for the best time to buy, arriving before noon and leaving after 2 PM is ideal so we can all travel to the house together and depart house at the same time on return home.
Private Queen bedrooms:
3 rooms total
$1875 for 5 nights single occupancy
$2250 for double occupancy
Single bed in shared room:
4 beds total
$1500 total per person
Queen bed in shared room:
2 beds total
$1625 for 5 nights single occupancy
$2000 for 5 nights double occupancy
Arrive in Portland, OR on Wednesday, May 13th in the late morning.
* Meet up with fellow travelers, have lunch in Portland in one of the many eclectic neighborhoods and enjoy organic local food. Vegetarian and vegan options abound as well as lots of ethically sourced meat options and gluten free needs.
* Explore Portland Arboretum for a light hike and some gentle stretching on the trail to get grounded from our flight.
* Stop to get some sundries for the week and head to our home base in Washougal to get checked in.
* Settle into our rooms, get unpacked, prepare and enjoy our first communally prepared meal together.
* Enjoy some hot tub, sauna time and fire pit together before we turn in for the night.
Thursday, May 14th-Sunday May 17th:
* Morning yoga practice from 8-9:15 AM. Practices will be a combination of stretching and warm ups for our hikes and we will explore partner yoga for deeper assisted stretching. Pranayama (breathwork) will also be included to take advantage of the extra abundance of prana (life force) in the air from the dense forest and rivers in the area.
* Light and nutritious breakfast after morning yoga. Breakfast lecture/demo on superfoods for breakfast like Chia seed pudding and how to make it, sprouted almonds and education on why sprouting is so beneficial. Coffee, tea and snacks always available. Diet will be mostly plant based but some organic chicken and fish will also be part of what’s available. Gluten free options can be made available if requested in advance.
* Prepare and pack lunch for out on the trail. Lunches will include sandwiches, fresh hummus, gourmet cheese, nuts and seeds and super food salads with bread and chips. Fresh fruit will also be available along with protein bars for snacks.
* Hikes/Trails will range from 1-2 hours to 4-5 hours and will start light and be based on the weather forecast when we arrive. Average drive time to each location is 1-2 hours through the majestic back country splendor of the Pacific Northwest roads.
* Return to home base for unwinding, soaking, sauna, private reflection time.
* Shamanic Journeying will also be included to connect to your power animals and allies for those who are interested. No previous experience is necessary. Other Shamanic tools and ritual will be introduced through lecture and practice if desired woven in with yoga and hiking.
* Communal prepared meal. Nourishing soups, cooked veggies and some animal protein will be offered. Easy to duplicate recipes will be shared with stories while we prepare.
* Fire pit ritual after dinner, evening meditation & chanting together around the fire with drumming is a great way to cap off the night.
Departing Portland, Monday 18th
* Check out of house at 11 AM
* Have lunch & shopping in downtown area of Portland, have exploring the wonderful weirdness of Portland neighborhoods.
* Depending on time of everyone’s return flight we will explore the curated Japanese Gardens maintained by Buddhist monastery for final meditation reflection.