Summer Solstice Celebration
Come celebrate the Summer Solstice with Sharon J. H. and Amy Chu. Together we will flow through 108 sun salutation variations that will balance each chakra. All levels are welcome.
This is a donation based celebration with all funds going to the Metuchen Food Bank.
Type of Event
Saturday, June 22, 2013 from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
All donations will go to Metuchen Food Bank. Or bring non-perishable items for the Karma Kupboard.
Why 108? This number is considered to be a sacred number:
* Traditionally, malas are strung with 108 beads
* There are 108 Upanishads (philosophical texts)
* There are 108 marma points or sacred places in the body
* 108 is the number of names for Shiva in Hindu philosophy
* Sanskrit alphabet has 54 letters, each has masculine and feminine form
called shiva and Shakti respectively: 54 x 2 = 108
* It is said that if one can be so calm in mediation to have only 108 breaths a day that enlightenment will come
* There are said the be 108 energy lines or nadis converging to form the heart chakra
* The distance between the Earth and Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Sun
* The distance between the Earth and Moon is 108 times the diameter of the Moon