THAI YOGA MASSAGE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Thai Yoga Massage: perfect for both beginners and qualified therapists as a career &/or personal development; or to enhance yoga teachers & anyone’s awareness & understanding of the human body and movement.
Thai Yoga Massage is the best way to complement Yoga teaching with the experience of hands-on adjustments and induced stretches.
Type of Event
3-week intensive, Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day with the possibility of breaking it up in 2 weeks and one.
$1800 Early Bird 1
$ 2025 Early Bird 2
$2250 Full Price
Thai Yoga Massage is an ancient healing art incorporating massage, yoga stretches, meridian work, acupressure, joint mobilization, meditation and relaxation.
This whole course is designed so that students gain an intensive learning experience where practice is backed up by clear and detailed communication of the techniques and the correct use of the body. This guarantees you are gaining as solid a grounding as is possible, on which to build your future practice.
This intensive course covers three levels of training in Thai Yoga massage:
Every day starts with an hour and a half Yoga class and continues with the Thai Yoga component.
The first 2 weeks provide students with the practical skills to perform the traditional sequence in 4 positions: front, side, back and sitting; with the addition of a very specific understanding on how to use the body, the weight and the direction of pressure.
• working rules;
• precautions and techniques;
• use of thumbs, palms, feet, elbows and knees;
• energy line work on the arms, legs and back from all the above positions;
• pressure points of feet, hips, lower back, shoulders and neck;
• sequence of stretches to unblock energy throughout the whole body.
The 3rd week consists of 5 days of supervised practice to consolidate the information learned in the previous two weeks so to make it easier to focus on your own body mechanics and postural alignment.
• deepen their knowledge of the meridians of both arms and legs;
• practice both level I and II again;
• practice stretches they are not yet comfortable with on the teacher;
• prepare a sequence that they will perform on external people on the last day.
Classes are limited to 8 students, so that individuals receive complete professional training and personal attention.