The Art and Science of Teaching Chair Yoga
Join us in beautiful, warm, sunny Scottsdale, Arizona, March 18-20, 2016. You will observe and assess seniors and the health-challenged as they practice yoga. You will also learn new poses and techniques, and practice teach. Included in the price are three lunches, marketing materials, and a listing on and
Type of Event
25 hours of Yoga Alliance CEUs
• Prior to January 31, 2016 $550
• February 1, to March 17, 2016 $600
• Generate more teaching income.
• Expand your client base to include more boomers and older adults.
• Learn new ways to teach chair and therapeutic yoga.
• Understand the precautions necessary when teaching seniors.
• Develop new techniques to market your skills.
• Learn about the latest yoga research.
• Know how to effectively share information to your students.
• Learn as much as you can without taking a lot of days away from your own teaching.
• Know the medical conditions that require safety precautions, special breathing and the poses for specific conditions.
• Use props in some new and unique ways.
• Learn from experienced teachers who have more than Years of collective experience working with seniors.
• Have free lunches, one with older adults.
This three-day workshop will give you an opportunity to see and interact with seniors and hear their stories firsthand. In this hands-on workshop, you will also have a chance to feel each pose and ask questions from experts in the field of senior health and fitness. Books and videos cannot effectively teach the practice of chair yoga and its modifications.
March 18-20, 2016 training is open to everyone:
• Yoga teachers – 28 hours Yoga Alliance CEUs
• Silver Sneakers® teachers
• Health care professionals
• Senior living centers’ staff