THE ART OF BREATHING
One of the biggest sources of energy / prana for human life comes from the breath. Understanding when, how to practice and what kind of breathing teachnique is good for different type of body are important to understand before starting the practice.
Type of Event
The fourth part or “limb” in Patanjali’s classical yoga system, pranayama is a vast discipline that enables yoga practitioners to access the deep layer of energy within the self. Ancient yogis have described a number of techniques, but not all of them should be practiced by everyone at all times. This workshop will provide a solid introduction to this broad topic.
- The concept of prana, general purposes and benefits
- Defination of Pranayaman
- Anatomy of breathing from the Western perspective
- The Yogic Breath
- Preparation for Pranayama & pre-requisites
- Pranayama Practice
- The four components of breathing and how to work with them.
- The proper technique of nostril control.
- Overview of a few Pranayama techniques