The Art of Teaching Yoga: 200 Hour Teacher Training School
Join Mimi Ray for a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program this October at Expressions of Grace Yoga in Grand Rapids! Study the foundations of yoga, deepen your yoga practice, the poses in practice, movement and alignment principles, philosophy, ethics, anatomy, subtle body anatomy and meditation.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Training starts October 8, 2016 through May 2017.
Please email Mimi at for pricing information.
Highlights of this training:
* Teaching yoga is rooted in the practice of yoga. Practice yoga based on a modern alignment based lineage. We will use ‘Light on Yoga’ by BKS Iyengar as our guide
* Learn Sequencing strategies and class development grounded in the greater meaning of yoga
* Learn to modify and adjust poses & support a diverse range of students
* Intro to philosophy; and the 8-limbs of yoga. Read and discuss seminal yoga works : The Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
* Anatomy Studies are integrated with asana and movement principles
* Breath and Bandhas and Pranayama Workshop with Jessica Lee
* Intro to Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga
* Chakras, prana and the inner workings of subtle body anatomy
* Anatomy of Breath + Meditation Workshop with Katherine Florentine
* Opportunity to practice teaching in donation-based public classes
* Experiential learning outside of the classroom will compliment your in-class studies
* Includes Yoga Teacher Training Manual and YTT Notebook
Upon successful completion of your program work, earn RYT200 Certificate with Yoga Alliance, and Mimi Ray Yoga - The Art of Teaching Yoga