The Heart of Sound: Mantra Nāda Kīrtan Bhakti Yoga Ryt200
The world's first entirely sound-based 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course! Bhakti ~ Kīrtan ~ Sanskrit ~ Mantra ~ Music ~ Nāda is joyously offered in Australia!
Module 1: October 16-28, 2017
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
IMMERSION IN THE HEART OF SOUND with Anandra George
Immerse yourself in the transformational power of sound with a highly respected international teacher of the yoga of sound, Anandra George.
Deep, vibrational and healing this training focuses on the direct experience of mantra, nāda, kīrtan & bhakti yoga. Learn how to lead Vedic style mantra chanting experiences and fall in love with your practice and your life.
Anandra is dynamic, devotional, full of deep practical wisdom, rare-to-find details, and is seriously fun! She is from Hawaii, teaches frequently in Tokyo, and currently lives, sings, and teaches at an Indian ashram at the personal request of one of India’s most revered saints. After 20 years of practice and teaching, she created the world’s first 200-hour RYT focused entirely on the transformational power of sound.
Yoke Torquay is honored to be hosting Anandra to deliver, for the first time ever in Australia, Module 1 of her Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour training.
Anandra will be joined by Stephanie Keiko Kong, a Hawaii-based yoga educator who glorifies a deep synthesis of dedicated academic and booty-shaking fun.
Core Lecture Topics
* Origin & History of Mantra Part 1 – The progression from silence to sound, sound to alphabets, alphabets to mantra, mantra to epic poems
* Falling in Love with Sanskrit ~ The Delightful Creative Play of Consciousness; Sanskrit from a Tantric Perspective
* The Body of Mantra ~ Mantra Puruṣa for Healing Physical & Energetic Levels
* Your Mantra Toolkit: Bīja (seed), Tāraka (liberation), Saguṇa (with form), Nirguṇa (formless), Navagraha (planetary)
* Mantra for the Modern Yogi- The Stages of Mantra Meditation, from “Life Jacket” to Divine Life
* Establishing mantric consciousness ~ moving from a reactive to a generative way of being
* Tapasya: the Grace of burning what is not Real ~ principles, case studies, and personal exercises
* Loving & Evolving Your Citta Vṛtti ~ As you Think, So you Create!
* NVC (Compassionate Communication) exercises for practical daily integration of yogic principles into our speech to self and others. Module 1 focus is on self-empathy, savoring gratitude, and making requests that enrich life.
* Vedic Chanting (more practice with transliteration, chanting, leading chants in Vedic style)
* Healing Mantras – Part 1 – An overview of mantras for healing: elemental, archetypal, ayurvedic, mantra puruṣa
* Ayurveda & the Mind ~ Cultivating Thriving Balance and Proper Use of the Mental Apparatus
* Creating a home practice – Lecture and discussion on how to use a mala, where and when to practice, how to choose mantras for practice, and when and why to practice silently, quietly, or with full voice. After Module 1, trainees will be able to:
* Read and accurately pronounce any Sanskrit word from its transliterated form, using the accurate mouth position.
* Understand the elemental vibrations of the Sanskrit alphabet for further exploration and healing applications.
* Chant mantras in the Vedic style of chanting.
* Understand the stages of mantra sadhana in order to observe their own progress in the interim between modules.
* Explore their own authentic teaching and singing voice.
* Sing basic Hindustani vocal exercises.
* Sing alāp in the microtones of Rāga Bhairav, and sing a simple composition in Rāga Bhūpālī.
* Sing or play several devotional songs (of their choice) for practice in the interim between modules.
NOTE: Neither singing ability or musical experience are required in order to attend this training. Importance is placed on your direct experience of the power of sound itself, not on musical or singing skill. All students will be invited to participate in the group chanting and to demonstrate their understanding of the material.
Students taking the course as an immersion only may opt out of leading chanting sessions; students taking the course as a teacher training and preparing for Module 2 may be invited to sing solo or lead group chanting sessions as they feel ready.
Tuition Fee of $2,750 AUD includes:
Training and course materials, including a 200-page manual; properly transliterated Sanskrit mantra and kīrtan reference book; mantra Mp3’s; instructional pronunciation videos; extensive enrichment activities including a 40-day online mantra group; and much more.
Dates: October 16 to 28, 2017
This training takes place at Yoke Torquay. Accommodation options in Torquay are plentiful.
Email if you’d like to share and would like to be put in touch with other students who are staying in Torquay for the training.
“Anandra, your teachings allowed the mantras to come to life within: Every sound within the mantra became a living, breathing essence that carried me deeper and deeper within the heart. Thank you for this profound gift.” -Kathryn Wiese, Certified Anusara Yoga Instructor, Kirtan Wallah and Director of There’s No Place Like OM Yoga Studio, Waimea, Hawaii
“Sanskrit has always felt like a necessary part of yoga teaching but was never my favorite thing… But the way Anandra teaches, the sounds are infused with magic. The tantric stories make the pronunciation meaningful, a sacred experience. It’s a whole new world.” - Kate Henry, Yoke Yoga