Turn on Your Inner Peace: Yoga for Managing Anxiety and Stress
When we are anxious or stressed, we can feel out of control and powerless rather than centered and peaceful. Yoga philosophy teaches us that peace is at the core of our being. In this 4 week series, we will explore the practice of yoga as a possible tool to manage anxiety and stress and turn on our inner peace.
Type of Event
4 week workshop series meets every Friday in March (6, 13, 20, and 27) from 12pm to 1:30pm
You can expect to:
• Learn pranayama (breathing) and meditation techniques to quiet your mind and nervous system and to improve your mood
• Learn how yoga philosophy can help you respond to recurring, negative thoughts, worries, and fears in ways that will better serve you
• Learn how the physical practice of yoga, meditation, and pranayama helps the body respond to stress and anxiety
• Practice anxiety and stress reducing asana poses (strength and restorative/yin) on your mat as tools to release built up tension and worry
• Cultivate self-care tools for off your mat that are inspired by yoga philosophy and practice
• Journal and discuss your experiences with anxiety and stress within a safe, supportive, and judgment-free space
Bring a journal and pen and your yoga mat (ready to practice) to each session.
Lindsey first came to yoga through meditation practice almost 10 years ago as a last ditch effort to fight the debilitating anxiety she was facing on a daily basis. She is excited to share with you how her yoga and meditation practice has transformed her relationship with anxiety and stress, so that you, too, might turn on your inner peace.