Type of Event
Vedic chant is the traditional way of chanting the Vedas (holy books of Hinduism) and it consists of the chanting of mantras in Sanskrit. According to tradition, these mantras were first heard by the riśis (the great Indian yogis) while in a state of meditation, and that is why they are considered sacred.
This course is an introduction to the practice of vedic chanting:
- We will work on relaxing and loosening the voice in order to be able to chant without tensions
- We will see how to get the body ready to chant the mantra. We will particularly focus on the parts of the body where the mantra resonates and vibrates inside us.
- We will learn through theory and practice the 6 rules that guide us towards the correct way of chanting the Vedas.
- We will practice different ways of meditating through the mantra.
- We will sing various vedic chants