Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (RYT 200)
In Bodhi Yoga Center, we endeavor to keep our Yoga Teacher Training Program true and faithful to this ancient practice of health and healing. Our vision is to produce compassionate and competent yoga teachers who inspire others to practice yoga for its holistic benefits of keeping the body healthy, the mind at peace, and the spirit happy.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Special Needs
Techniques, Training and Practice
-Learn correct and safe methods of practising asana, pranayama, kriya (cleansing techniques) and meditation.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- Understand the evolution of yoga by reading different ancient yogic texts such as The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita. Gain insight on the implications of Yama, Niyama and Karma in daily life.
Western Anatomy and Physiology
- Identify the parts of the human anatomy and develop a deep understanding of how we use the body in yoga practices. Understand the benefits of asana and pranayama practice on the nervous system and endocrine system. Give postural modifications for different physical conditions.
Eastern Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn the components and importance of the energetic body. Briefly discuss the link between chakras and the personality of a person.
- Learn how to demonstrate in class and give verbal cues with ease and confidence. Design different types of yoga classes based on themes and student requirements. Learn how to safely adjust students in different postures. Present adaptive methods for people with limitations.
Teaching Yoga as a Lifetime Career
- Find a purpose for your yoga practice and define a suitable path for your journey. Identify rewards and anticipate consequences of being a yoga teacher.
Develop fundamental entrepreneurial skills to make your yoga career sustainable.
- Experience creating and leading your own class as a yoga teacher. Offer Seva (service) to those who have no access to yoga classes otherwise. Observe peers as they teach. Give and receive constructive feedback.
Optional Post-training Internship
- As a graduate of Bodhi Yoga Center’s 200-Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program, you may be given the chance to continue learning with Bodhi Yoga Center as an Intern Yoga Teacher. Intern yoga teachers will continuously be mentored by resident yoga teachers. This post-training internship is the perfect opportunity to find your voice as a teacher, and to actually experience life as a yoga teacher.
Vinay Jesta, the lead trainer, is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) from India with over 7000 instruction hours. Trained in various Yoga traditions, he teaches alignment focused and breath centred Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga practices. He currently teaches workshops, retreats and Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India and Europe.
Vinay strongly believes that yoga is for everyone, whether you are a spiritual seeker or a fitness enthusiast. Yoga is the path leading you to be a healthier, happier and better version of yourself.
Whether you have the calling to teach others, or you are simply exploring your own practice, anyone can benefit from learning safe and correct methods to practice yoga postures, breathing, cleansing techniques and meditation. Appreciate from an anatomical standpoint how these practices affect our physical and mental state. Learn how to modify postures to fit any type of body, and know that Yoga is indeed for everyone. Understand the correlation between the physical practice and the underlying philosophy and truly see that yoga is all-encompassing – it is life as we know it.