VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
VYAYAM is happy to offer the 200 hour yoga teacher training (200 hr YTT) recognized by Yoga Alliance (YA)of USA. Completion of this training will enable the trainees to register with Yoga Alliance () for the RYT -200 (Registered Yoga Teacher - 200 hr) designation by paying the applicable dues to YA.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Winter break will be observed from December 29, 2019 to January 5, 2020. YTT trainees are required to attend at least one regular weekly group class (that is offered to general public) with Vidya.
VYAYAM is happy to offer the 200 hour yoga teacher training (200 hr YTT) recognized by Yoga Alliance (YA)of USA. Completion of this training will enable the trainees to register with Yoga Alliance () for the RYT -200 (Registered Yoga Teacher - 200 hr) designation by paying the applicable dues to YA. This designation is widely recognized in the yoga and fitness industry, and many a times, is a required qualification to start teaching yoga in various settings, such as yoga studios, fitness clubs, community centers. Even if one doesn't want to start teaching yoga right away, this teacher training is an excellent way to deepen one's personal physical and spiritual practice, grow one's understanding of yoga philosophy, and improve one's quality of life by developing body - breath - mind awareness.
When one commits to be a teacher, that's when one really starts to grow as a learner, and the universe becomes thy teacher! - Vidya Nahar.
Objectives of VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog 200 hr YTT :
1) To discuss various definitions of yoga from different yogic texts, and eight limbs of yoga based on Yoga-Sutra by Patanjali.
2) To familiarize trainees with basic joints and glands exercises, and at least 60 basic yoga postures in a combination of various standing, seated, supine, prone, lateral, twisting, and inverted asanas - their names, benefits, related anatomy, precautions, and cueing guidelines.
3) To demonstrate usage of different props such as blocks, straps, walls, chairs, wheels in assisting / advancing different yoga poses.
4) To acquaint trainees with importance of breathing, qualities of a good breath, three connections of a breath, and 8 Pranayam techniques.
5) To introduce trainees to Yoga Nidra, meditation techniques, mantra chanting with correct Sanskrit pronunciation, seven chkaras, five koshas, and basic concepts of Ayurveda.
6) To give ample small group / one on one teaching practice to all YTT trainees.
What is SARVANG Yog ?
SARVANG in Sanskrit means pertaining to all limbs - sarv (all) +ang (limbs). SARVANG is a name of Shiva, who is considered to be the originator of Yoga and Dance - the ultimate meditator. VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog is yoga practice pertaining to all limbs, encompassing all aspects of life. It is primarily guided by and based upon Yoga-Sutra written by Sage Patanjali. SARVANG is also an acronym of Spiritual And Rejuvenating, Vidya's Awakening, Nourishing, Grateful (Yog). Through VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog YTT, trainees will be exposed to different styles of yoga practice, such as Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, Chair Yoga, and Kriya Yoga.