Yin yoga retreat and teacher training in Santorini
A unique opportunity to combine your vacation with yoga. In September 2016 we will be hosting in Santorini a well-reknown yin yoga teacher Joshua Summers. This 5 days retreat gives you a chance to learn more about yin yoga and at the same time explore one of the most beautiful islands in the World.
Type of Event
The retreat is organized into 5 days. The retreat starts with a morning session on Monday and ends with an evening session on Friday. Wednesday is a day off.
8 – 9.30 Morning practical session
10.15 – 12.00 : 2 Lectures with a 15 minutes coffee break in-between
5.30 – 8pm : Afternoon session (Q&A, practice and meditation)
Price includes all the yoga and lectures and daily healthy brunch served in the garden.
Accommodation can be arranged in Caveland, private rooms are from 60 Euros/night and dorms are from 16 Euros/night.
What you will learn:
- Practice the core Yin asanas, and explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how skeletal variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations; principles of tension and compression in asana
- Learn four Yin sequences that work on specific meridian lines in the body, with relevant modifications and adjustments
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health
- Learn the core concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how the energy system is influenced by the practice of Yin Yoga, emphasis on Meridian and Organ health
- Acquire experiential and theoretical knowledge of the Buddha’s core teachings on mindfulness meditation which is a great framework for integrating meditative themes into Yin classes or personal practice
The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education credit (30hrs) with the Yoga Alliance