YOGA 101 – everything you need to know to start practicing yoga!
A 3 hour workshop designed to give you the confidence to join regular yoga classes. Break down yoga theory, practice the yoga basics and get personalised adjustments and tips to help you become a stronger, more flexible, happier you.
Type of Event
Early Bird $45 until 18th of February only! Full price tickets are $55. Buy tickets at:
The Yoga 101 workshop perfect workshop for those who;
1) want to get into yoga
2) feel lost or confused about their current classes, or
3) are re-igniting their yoga practice and need a refresher of the basics.
- Learn the basics of breathing - How and why we breathe the way we do.
- Body alignment basics – How to focus on your knees, hips, back and bum to always be in the correct positions.
- Practical basics training – a personalised session on key adjustments and focus points for YOU to remember on the most common positions and movements. Including Sun Salutations, Warrior poses, Savasana and more…
- Learn about the 8 limbs of yoga, the basic yogic philosophy and the differences of several common yoga styles.
- Yoga class etiquette. What you need to know to feel confident walking in to any yoga studio.
- A light snack.
The most important thing to us is your safety. Therefore we ask that you inform us of any medical conditions by email to: before or at the time of making your reservation.
What to wear and bring
Comfortable clothes that you can move and sweat in.
Socks and a warmer sweater for when we are not moving around.
A thin towel to use over the mat.
A water bottle (optional).
Mats and props will be provided.
It is recommended to practice yoga on an empty stomach, however we don’t want you to sit through the workshop starving so we recommend having breakfast beforehand - just don’t make it too heavy. You will also get a lighter snack towards the end of the workshop.
What do you need to know about yoga beforehand?
Absolutely nothing. This workshop is created to suit absolute beginners. You just have to have interest and curiosity and we will make sure you get the rest sorted in the workshop!
Refunds & ticket transfers
A 24 hour cool off period is applied (refunds available up to 24 hours after purchase). Note that only the workshop fee is refundable (not the Eventbrite booking fee).
Tickets can be transferred to another person.
Contact for any assistance.
Not sure if the workshop is right for you? Or have any other questions?
Email and we will be happy to answer any quires you might have! Include your mobile number if you would like us to give you a call back
Train and bus services provide regular stops and pick-ups within the Fitzroy and Acland Street shopping precincts, both just a short walk from Linden.
Trams > 16 & 12
Light Rail > 96
Buses > 600, 606, 623 & 246
Parking can be at a premium in St Kilda. We recommend arriving early and leaving yourself plenty of time for are 1 & 1/2 hour car parks directly opposite Linden in Acland Street and some all day parking on the same side as Linden and in the surrounding side streets. Check the signposts for , paid park is available at Prince of Wales Hotel or the Council Carpark next to the Palais Theatre. Please note > If driving,Acland Street is not accessible from Fitzroy Street. Enter from The Esplanade or Carlisle Street.
About us: or (check out our testimonial page to see what others say about us)
About the venue: