Yoga and Stress Management Course
Yoga is a complete system for physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and teaches techniques that equip us to cope better with the stresses that life brings. Reducing stress levels can greatly improve health and the quality of life.
Type of Event
Wednesdays 6.30 – 8.00pm
October 15 – November 12
(There will be no class on Wed 29 October)
Members £44 / Non-members £63 / Concessions £53.50
This 4 session course is designed to help you broaden your understanding of the stress response and to learn to apply the yogic techniques to find increased health, wellbeing and inner peace.
• The flight and fight response
• Understanding the parasympathetic nervous system
• Autosuggestion and relaxation
• Yoga psychology: the psychology of contentment and detachment
• The 4 goals of life: material success, happiness, finding one’s duty and place, inner freedom