Yoga Basics - Level 1
There is so much to know about yoga that it is sometimes hard to even begin.
Let us help you get started on the right foot.
Type of Event
4 Thursdays, November 10 - December 1, 7 - 8:15 pm
Are you new to yoga? Or maybe you have been going to classes for a while but just aren't sure if you are doing everything right. If there are still somethings about yoga that mystify you, then we highly recommend attending this specially designed class.
Yoga Basics is a 4-week workshop series to explore contemporary yoga practice. It is a place where complete beginners and people who have been practicing for a short time but feel like they “still don’t know what they’re doing” are invited to learn. There will be individual attention to encourage safe practice, proper alignment and help to coordinate the breath with the movement in order to be able to navigate regular classes with confidence and ease.
You will gain knowledge in the following areas:
* yogic breathing and techniques for increasing energy while calming anxiety (pranayama)
* body awareness and the importance of alignment in both standing and seated postures (asanas)
* proper linking of breath with movement (Vinyasas)
* how to find balance in your poses and therefore in life
* some basic inversions
* simple and easy meditation practices