Yoga Biomechanics & the science of stretching with Jules Mitchell in Dubai!
If you’re a body-nerd, science-buff or simply curious about how to create positive tissue change through your asana practice, this course is for you!
Type of Event
Times: Friday & Saturday (10am-6pm), Sunday (11.15am-6.30pm)
Join Jules Mitchell, MS, CMT, ERYT500 for a 3-day intensive that weaves together asana with the basics of biomechanics to take your knowledge and teaching confidence to the next level. The latest in movement research and foundational scientific concepts are discussed in an easy-to-understand, practical way that builds body awareness and will immediately impact the way you teach and practice yoga. A sample of discussion and interactive topics include:
- Differentiate between anatomy and biomechanics
- Improve range of motion without stretching
- Challenge the conventional script for even the most basic poses
- Explore how tendons and similar connective tissues respond and adapt to loads
- Create more clarity and accuracy in alignment cues
- Consider how specific cueing and intentional loading can promote positive tissue change
- Examine the fascinating role of neuroscience in pain and mobility
- Explore how to individualize and enhance poses with creative prop placement
- Play with unique and effective tools such as isometric and resistance stretching