Yoga for a Healthy Back
Whether your students are living with chronic pain or just want to stretch and strengthen their backs, this workshop will help you learn how to use the practices and teachings of yoga to ‘befriend the backside’.Numerous studies have proven that the ancient practice of yoga, with its emphasis on stretching, strength, and flexibility can help.
Type of Event
Lunch break from 12:30-1:30
In this class you will:
• Understand the most common causes of back pain
• Learn how poor posture contributes to back pain
• Create sequences that build a strong lower back and core
• Learn the best poses and exercises to strengthen and stretch the back
• Learn mini-sessions that decrease tension from lower back, spine and shoulders
We will send you home with a yoga routine that includes breathing exercises, stretches, core strengthening, flowing poses and relaxation exercises all designed with the back in mind. You will learn how stabilizing the legs, decompressing the spine and opening up through the hips can restore balance to your back.
AND…you will receive 8 Yoga Alliance CEUs.