Yoga for Every Body: Anatomy Workshop
The lectures, demonstrations, discussions, and practicums in this course will help you gain a greater understanding of how the body moves in practice and in everyday life. This valuable workshop is ideal for massage therapists, yoga teachers, body workers, movement therapists, yoga students, and fitness professionals.
Type of Event
Saturday from 8am - 6pm, Sunday from 9am - 4pm.
There will be lunch breaks on both days, so feel free to bring a meal or grab lunch nearby at The Shops at Legacy.
Early bird pricing ($285) ends August 27.
Spend two days learning the details of human anatomy with expert Tiina Garrison at The Yoga Factory! This valuable workshop is ideal for yoga teachers, massage therapists, body workers, movement therapists, yoga students, and fitness professionals. This course is a review of anatomical terminology and concepts as they relate to movement.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define and describe basic kinesiological concepts (, planes/axes of movement, types of joint movements, how muscles function, etc.)
- Relate anatomical function and description to common activities
- Identify the major muscle groups used in activities and function
- Use kinesiological principles as a professional in the field of coaching, athletic training, physical education or any other profession by analyzing human movement and making appropriate recommendations
- Analyze a given activity as evidenced by:
* Correctly identifying the movement(s) necessary to perform the activity
* Describing the types of muscle contractions necessary to perform the activity
* Identifying the muscular agonist(s), antagonist(s) and synergist(s) necessary to perform the activity