Yoga Foundation Course
Suitable for anyone who has been practising for 2 years or more, this course will deepen your knowledge and experience of yoga. It is a first step and pre-requisite for most Teacher Training Courses but not just for those who wish to go on to teaching. The aims are for you to explore and develop a full and supportive personal practice.
Type of Event
A 60-hr course introducing you to the wider aspects of Hatha Yoga and building on the essential foundations of your weekly class. Also exploring yoga in its philosophical and historical context
60-hour course. One Sunday per month, Sep2018 to Jun2019
We will cover:
- all the foundational Asanas, offering progressions and variations
- breathing and some of the main Pranayamas (breathing practices) like Alternative Nostril Breathing, Victorious breath
- Mudras, Bandhas - gestures, seals and locks, which direct prana in a particular way
- introduction to more of the subtle anatomy, including the koshas, vayus, chakras
- some meditation and mantra (sound work)
- relaxation techniques
- a philosophical perspective, the 8 limbs of classical yoga
- a look at the key classical texts such as the Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads
That's already a lot of subject areas!
My aim is to help you deep and and personalise your own practice, and also give you a flavour of the wider offerings of Hatha Yoga, so you can explore further according to your interests. It's a journey that never
Please do contact me to find out more or meet me. I can send you Testimonials from current students.