Yoga Immersion course: Patanjali's Eight Limbs of Yoga
Yoga Immersion course designed for dedicated students and teachers who want to deepen their understanding of Patanjali's 8 limbs of yoga and learn how to apply them to their practice on and off the mat.
Type of Event
Saturday and Sunday, June 27th and 28th, 9:30 am - 16:30 pm
This 2-day immersion course has been created for dedicated yoga students (and teachers) who want to deepen their understanding of asana and create an individual personal practice. This course will deepen your awareness of the essence of yoga and allow you to involve yourself in some of the deeper practices of yoga. This will be a small group course to ensure that it meets the precise needs of the group and that each person receives individual attention and continued mentoring and support.
This course has been designed to help you:
· Strengthen your practice of asana, pranayama and meditation
· Understand anatomy and physiology working with the breath
· Study the foundations of yoga philosophy from Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
· Explore those aspects of the practice that inspire you
· Develop an individual practice that honors the tradition of yoga and remains true to your own experience
- Pre course preparation – You will be asked to have a brief understanding of Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Asanas – Postures related to the yoga breath
- Pranayama - Introduction to Mahat Yoga Pranayama and Sukha Purvakha Pranayama: MYP looks at laying the foundations of breathing with Sukha Purvakha Pranayama supporting that foundation.
- Meditation – Finding the tools for transformation
- Yoga Philosophy – discussions on Patanjali’s Eight Limbs
Course assessment –
· Tutor observation
· Continuous visual assessment
· Feedback & evaluation from individual learners & group
· Questions & answers
· Self assessment evaluation
£80 for the weekend for payment received before 28/2/2015, thereafter £100 for the weekend.
Please note that this is a two day intensive course and single days are not available.
Full refunds will only be offered if a replacement can be found.
Cancellation Policy: 50% refund a month before the date, no refund after.