Yoga Nepal - Yoga & Buddhism
Join Yoga Nepal for pilgrimage and practice in the sacred Kathmandu Valley. This special valley, protected by the surrounding Himalaya, has long been a 'power place' for pilgrims and seekers from India, Nepal, Tibet, and around the world. Hinduism and Buddhism converge here, and the valley is full of awe-inspiring monuments that we will visit.
Type of Event
10 day pilgrimage in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal to explore the sacred, practice daily (mysore, pranayama, chanting, dharma talk) and integrate the 8 limbs of yoga with the 8 fold path of Buddhism
A 10 day pilgrimage in and around the sacred Kathmandu Valley of Nepal. Our days start with mysore yoga practice followed by a delicious and wholesome vegetarian breakfast. Once you're charged up and ready to go, each day will reveal an adventure to the sacred and mysterious sites of this enchanting place. (For the full itinerary go to )
Here's what you'll experience on this retreat:
- Daily yoga and meditation practices with experienced instructors (Ashtanga teacher Cory Bryant and meditation teacher James Hopkins).
- An active exploration of the interconnection of mind, movement and breath.
- The art of felling grounded in every pose, both physically and mentally.
- A chance to strengthen your meditation experience.
- Unforgettable, powerfully charged holy sites, temples, and monasteries.
- Teachings from Tibetan Buddhist scholars, and space to contemplate the foundations of Buddhist philosophy and their correlation with the 8 limbs of Patanjali's Ashtanga Yoga.