Yoga Teacher Training: 200 Hr. Certification
In this transformative program, we will offer an opportunity for you to deepen your personal practice and your understanding of yoga. We will offer a comprehensive road map through the history and philosophy of the yoga tradition. This will help to lay the foundation necessary for graduates of this program to continue on a path of growth and learning, allowing them to develop their own artistry as yoga teachers.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
- Core Strength
- Mom & Baby
Thursdays 6-9:30 ( except school vacation weeks)
Weekends: January 9-11th/ January 27 / February 6-8/ March 6-8/ March 31/ April 10-12/ April 28th / May 1-3/. Weekend Hours: Fridays 6-9:30 Saturday & Sundays 9-5
Registration & $200 Deposit due 12/15/15
Full Tuition: $2875 / payment plans available
Areas of Study will include, but not be limited to:
• The study and breakdown of postures (Asanas) with emphasis on alignment, contraindications and safe teaching methods.
• Yoga Philosophy with focus on the sutras, ethics and the business of yoga.
• Anatomy for yoga asana
• Hands on enhancements for alignment and adjustments
• Introduction to Pranyama, meditation and mantras
• Introduction to Aurvedic living
• Introduction to other yoga practices; Astanga, Hatha, Yin Yoga, and Restorative
• Introduction to Children’s, Chair and Partner Yoga
Admission Requirements: Applicants should be 18 years of age. All applicants should submit a completed application and picture with a non-refundable fee. All applicants will require an admissions interview. All applicants should have a regular yoga practice and be physically fit so they are able to perform all techniques and trainings.
Graduation Requirements: 200 Hour Certification requires completion of all schedule sessions. Trainees must assist and teach 10 classes in or outside of Balance Studio Trainees must attend at least 3 yoga classes a week in or outside Balance Studio Comprehensive written test 75 minute practical Self Study Sacred Reading Projects