Yoga Teacher Training in Nepal
A unique and high-quality Yoga Teacher Training in Nepal that takes place in a Tibetan monastery. It's an authentic and DOGMA FREE program designed to take you to the spiritual heart of the practice. You will feel supported in your practice by Tibetan rinpoches, priests, sadhus, and have a chance to visit temples and stupas and sacred sites.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
March 17 - April 14, 2018
We emphasise meticulous asana technique, but what really sets this TTC apart from others is the Yoga Philosophy on the Road module where you will study yoga philosophy ‘in situ;’ on location in Nepal and have a chance to meet Nath yogis and Tibetan rinpoches.
Learn how to teach both Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, and integrate BKS Iyengar alignment principles into a mindful Vinyasa Flow
DEVELOP A SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
Learn basic yogic techniques to stabilise the mind, cultivate devotion, and integrate compassion into your life
We teach in small groups to give you the personal attention you deserve for maximum learning.
What You’ll Learn
• Practice Hatha and Vinyasa yoga in a safe and supportive way, and watch your body and mind transform.
• Develop a skilful and varied asana practice, which is the starting place for an authentic yogic inquiry – a practice that moves beyond a mere physical experience to make it relevant to real life.
• Deepen your own practice and have an experience that will provide you lifelong inspiration and context to teach yoga.
• Learn the principles of breath/bandhas/dristi, that tie poses together into a seamless ‘moving meditation’.
• Learn how to breathe and feel your body and mind transform.
• Study BKS Iyengar alignment principles and develop precise technique to avoid injury.
• Explore the ‘inner/outer’ techniques of yoga, to reveal the spiritual path underlying the practice.
• Learn how to teach restorative yoga to nourish the body and reduce anxiety.
• Practise basic pranayama and meditation.
• Learn to take the practice off the mat, integrate the knowledge into your life and share it with others.
• Be able to make an informed decision about what aspects of yoga you like, what you want to practise and teach.
Space is limited to 16 students. We encourage you to apply early to ensure a place on the program. The course is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance Professionals UK (200+ hours).