YOGA THERAPY & ADVANCED BIOMECANICS
Body mechanics, sacred geometry and hands-on learning to understand the structure, movements and alignment priorities for each part of the body that are directly applicable to yoga practice. This is a fun workshop where we will learn, practice and apply, as we work with one another in very dynamic and interactive way!
Type of Event
Special discount for Gaia TT students
During these four days we will focus on safe alignment and the proper way to ensure, restore and allow the natural flow of life force to flourish in every asana. Focus on a specific area / function of the body so you learn the ins-and-outs, the little movements and adjustments, the alignment and the anatomy of that part of the body. In this yoga workshop we will start from the beginning and move our way to the more advanced with lots of time and attention.
MODULE I: SACRED GEOMETRY (6 hrs TT500) - Thursday 20 November
We will use the ancient techniques of Tensegrity; practice stable awareness in the way the flow of structural lines support the whole body. Subtle flows will be studied such as loops and connective tissues. We will also focus on Sacred Geometry to explore the fundamental laws of the universe, covering Pythagorean geometry and the perceived relationships between geometrical laws and quantum mechanical that create geometrical patterns that sustain life and allow the proper flow of connective forces to move inside and asana.
Sacred geometry and the tree of life:
• The fundamental laws of the universe
• Loops and Granthis, the centers unfolds
• Geometrical laws and quantum mechanical forces
• Geometrical patterns that sustain life
• Proper flow of connective tissue
MODULE II: BIOMECHANICS (6 hrs TT500) - Friday 21 November
Yoga Biomechanics explore yoga asanas beyond Kinesiology; it applies Physics, Mechanics and the flow of energy in the body. It brings a deep knowledge of the heart of each asana and how to use those principles to create a safe, intelligent as well as dynamic and creative Vinyasa sequence, coordinating each action with its corresponding breathing sequence.
Structural Biomechanics - anatomy and physiology:
• Bone-muscle chains
• Bipedestation and the spine
• Recovery of the joint gesture
• Biomechanics of the asana
• Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
MODULE III: TEACHERS' PRACTICUM (14 hrs TT500) - Saturday & Sunday 22-23 November
Hands on work in pairs, deepen your awareness in alignments, refine your instructions and the capacity to tune with your students from the heart. Use of Iyengar school props, Anusara school biomechanics, and body release from Scaravelli school.
On both days there will be 90 minutes break (from 12:30 to 14:00).
• Work with props, different types of bodies and injuries
• Learn how to make safe hand adjustments
• Learn "key" words to make your students connect with your instructions and make them feel safe and confident
• Discover how to lead your students to reach a deeply relaxing Shavasana
• Learn the asana technique, proper alignment, coordination and breathing and the benefits of each posture
• Ayurveda and body constitution, asana for each type. Subtle bodies and Chakras
• Integrate healthy lifestyle decisions which will raise your energy levels
• Learn teaching methodology and practicum
All modules are suitable for yoga practitioners, TT students and yoga teachers, except for beginners.
Reservation is possible ONLY upon the full payment of the chosen module(s).