Yoga TTC - Teacher Training Course
The course is aimed at people who already have at least two years of experience in yoga or disciplines such as dance, martial arts, art gymnastics, pilates. The course is structured in three annual modules; for each grade are planned 10 meetings. The TTC will take place in Arenzano (Genova) – ITALY.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
The course is structured in three annual modules; for each grade are planned 10 meetings. The first grade meetings will take place on Saturdays. Lessons from 9.30 to 17.30, with 45' lunch break at 13.
GRADE I – 2018-19 Training program
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy: What Is Yoga?; Yoga: the Union; Abhyāsa: study and practice of Yoga
- Chitta Vṛtti Nirodha: to cancel the changes of the mind.
- Pramāṇa: the ideal; Viparyaya: the wrong point of view; Vipalka: imagination and fantasy; Nidrā: state of absence, dormant state.
- Smṛti: memory - the 5 causes; Kleśa: pains and sorrows; Chitta Vikṣepa: distractions and obstacles.
- Śiṣya and Guru: the Student and the Master; Sādhanā and Abhyāsa: constant practice.
- Aṣṭāṅga Yoga, the eight stages of Yoga: Yāma (ethical rules); Niyāma (purification and study); Āsanas (postures); Prāṇāyāma (breath control).
- Yāma and Niyāma, discipline as an ethical form; the rules of conduct to be applied in individual discipline: Ahiṃsā, compassion towards all living creatures, nonviolence; Satya, the pursuit of truth; Asteya, honesty; Brahmacharya, purity of thought and action, celibacy and retreat of the senses; Aparragha, simplicity and frugality; Śauca, purity of the body.
- Elements of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Introduction to the Mantrā.
- Sūkṣmā Vyāyāma: preparation for Āsanas.
- Āsana: standing postures, forward bendings, sitting postures.
- Prāṇāyāma: breath control.