YogaBeez Children's Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training
An in-depth mix of theory and hands-on practice. Explore yoga poses, breath work and games for children aged 2-12 years, examine the business of children’s yoga.
Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Saturday 20 August - Tuesday 23 August 2016
10am - 6pm daily
N$ / R 5000 with a N$/R 1000 deposit on registration
Includes: 4 days of practical, hands-on training, a detailed manual, lesson plans and ideas to create many more, a Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children, continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance, tea/coffee break snacks and drinks.
This 4-day course is available to yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, therapists or parents who want to start introducing yoga into the lives of children they work with. It focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. An in-depth mix of theory and hands-on practice. Explore yoga poses, breath work and games for children aged 2-12 years, examine the business of children’s yoga. YogaBeez incorporates aspects of the traditional yoga and mindfulness practice blended with Montessori philosophy and teachers such as Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child. Included in the course is a detailed, illustrated manual with lesson plans, book lists and many ideas that will enable you to start teaching well-rounded yoga classes to children immediately.
What we cover:
• Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child appropriate poses
• Discover and practice classroom management skills
• Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
• Understand mindfulness for children
• See how yoga comes to life with music and books
• Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
• Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
• Stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
• Learn how to incorporate education and exercise stimulating the “Whole” child
• Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
• Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
• Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching your first class with this age group.