Type of Event
- Teacher Training
Become a professional yoga teacher
You know the basics of anatomy and sequencing to give your students an intelligent and effective yoga class, but now work with a mentor to develop your own voice and master your teaching skills. Graduation from a Yoga Alliance 200 hour training is required. The course work in this program is 300 hours and will qualify graduates to register with the Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level.
The mentor/apprenticeship relationship is how yoga was originally passed down to new teachers and YogaWorks continues this effective learning tradition.
• Develop a one-on-one relationship with your mentor, who will guide you throughout the program and beyond.
• Observe your mentor in action – instructing, sequencing, adjusting and inspiring.
• Cultivate your teaching skills as you assist your mentor in class, honing your ability to see bodies, offering modifications and giving hands-on adjustments.
• Participate in small group meeting with your mentor, where you address questions and issues related to teaching yoga.
Professional Workshop Series:
Each month you will participate in weekend workshops to further develop your toolkit of skills taught by master teachers in the field.
• Hands-on adjustments, observing bodies, modifications
• Practice teaching
• How to teach vinyasa flow and advanced asana
• Injury assessment and management
• Restorative & therapeutic yoga
• Meditation, subtle body and yoga philosophy
• Working with beginners and pregnant women
• The business of yoga
Professional Program Project:
• You design it, create it, and refine it with your mentor's guidance.
• Set yourself apart and develop a program for communities that you can implement.
• Define yourself as a yoga teacher & learn how to cultivate a specific student base.
• Present it to your class at the end of your program
Certifications Offered: 500 Hour Yoga Alliance Certification