About Self-Care through Mindfulness: A Daylong Retreat
“This has been the most peaceful day I have experienced in years!”
InStill Mindfulness SWVA is a nonprofit committed to instilling mindfulness throughout Southwest Virginia, through education and outreach.
Mindfulness is a scientifically proven method of managing stress while also maximizing one’s efficacy.
On Saturday, August 11, InStill is holding a Self-Care through Mindfulness Daylong Retreat at Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Blacksburg—an experiential retreat addressing themes including:
• Finding relief from burnout and fatigue;
• Recovering a sense of purpose, vitality and wellbeing;
• Learning new self-care and focusing tools;
• Learning to relax and manage stress;
• Settling a busy mind;
• Learning how to skillfully handle emotions and thoughts;
• Directing and sustaining attention;
• Cultivating compassion; and
• Developing listening and communication skills.
By integrating mindful awareness practices, fun workshop activities, and social-emotional intelligence exercises, retreat leaders Alan Forrest, Pat Shoemaker, and Lori Marsh will give participants tools to help develop balance and inner peace amidst daily stressors that impact us all.
Registration, which includes lunch, is only $85 and $50 for students. Scholarships and CEUs are available.
To register, visit , or email Call (540) 227-6377 for more information.
- Available:gluten free
- Available:no alcohol
- Available:no smoking
- Available:all meals included
- Available:wheelchair accessible
No reviews yetWrite a Review