One of the first yoga schools in San Francisco and the first Iyengar teacher training program in the US, the Iyengar Yoga Institute of San Francisco (IYISF) has trained thousands of students and teachers from around the world since its establishment in 1974. IYISF is recognized for its tradition of excellence by offering students a comprehensive curriculum that provides a challenging, profound, and rewarding learning experience in the hatha and ashtanga yoga traditions as taught by Iyengar.
IYISF offers programs for every type of yoga student: new students, beginners, intermediate and advanced practitioners, teachers-in-training, current teachers and experienced teachers. IYISF’s teacher training program is taught by one of the most experienced and diverse faculties in the US and is the only state-accredited Iyengar yoga program in the country.
In addition to its acclaimed advanced studies program, IYISF is home to over 20 public classes each week, over 25 workshops with nationally and internationally recognized Iyengar teachers, ongoing Introductory Series for new students, free monthly yogic philosophy lectures, abundant community events and service opportunities, a retail shop and a resource-rich library with a unique collection of rare yoga publications.
IYISF is administered by the Iyengar Yoga Association of Northern California (IYANC). IYANC is a membership based 501(c)3 non-profit corporation dedicated to the study, practice and teaching of Iyengar Yoga.
- Drop in (non member) $ 20
- Drop in (member) $ 17
- 5-class pass (non member) $ 85
- 5-class pass (member) $ 75
- 10-class pass (non member) $ 160
- 10-class pass (member) $ 140
- 20-class pass (non member) $ 310
- 20-class pass (member) $ 270
- gold membership (individual) $ 300
- gold membership (senior/student) $ 270
- silver membership (individual) $ 150
- silver membership (senior/student) $ 110
- bronze membership (individual) $ 65
- bronze membership (senior/student) $ 55
No reviews yet