To guide the individual through an integrative approach to yoga so as to become in touch with their true nature, a state of inner peace, harmony and joy.
Approach, the “Integrative Approach”
Yoga in its wider context is not just physical exercise (asana), it includes meditation, breathing exercises, personal development and mindfulness practises. Yoga is the oldest and most comprehensive form of personal development, a true science of body, mind and spirit.
The Vedanta Centre approaches yoga from this wider context. The objective is to facilitate the cultivation of inner peace, health, creativity and confidence.
The integrative approach, can be broken down into the following parts:
1. The Vedanta Centre offers a large selection of classes, courses, workshops and retreats focused on yoga in its wider context, so as to benefit as many people as possible throughout the different stages and situations in their lives.
2. Teachers and staff come from a varied background of experience and styles but share the Vedanta Centre’s mission to bring students in touch with their true nature, a state of inner peace, harmony and joy in their classes and teachings.
3. Teachers abide by a Teaching Standard to ensure students receive an excellent and consistent standard of teaching.
4. The centre facilitates a philosophy of community support by providing its clients and staff access to healthy snacks and drinks, a library with a wide selection of books and a clean, calm, tranquil environment to practice and congregate.
5. A philosophy of community is extended to its online community by providing integrative yoga material such as videos, blogs, articles, newsletters, journals and photos for its clients to broaden and deepen their knowledge.
No reviews yet