Vidya Yoga (Wisdom Yoga) is a specialty beginner and restorative yoga-wellness studio - meaning that we focus on "the beginner mentality". Taking a beginner perspective, even though one may be doing what is considered an intermediate/advanced posture. Thereby taming the ego, reminding ourself that every day is different. This allows for your particular body's limitations and celebrations to unfold as they should on a day to day basis. Often when a student joins an advanced class, he/she moves too quickly, trying to do what the person next to him/her does, and that's when injuries, and setbacks occur.
Specializing in MINDFUL Beginner Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yoga as Therapy, and Wellness Consulting For:
• One who strives to be free of pain, discomfort, or stress.
• One with disease, or illness.
• One who wants to simply feel better, have more energy.
• One who strives to be a better quality: husband, wife, sister, brother, boss, co-worker, employee, son, daughter, friend, and person!
A Note To Students, and Prospective Students:
“To You, I simply offer the environment for you inner healing to arise naturally, unobstructed. May the Great apex arrive when our combined power of intention, our strong determination, and the fruits of efforts create real wellness, real peace - real happiness. For you.”
- Kim Vidya, director/teacher at Vidya Yoga & Wellness
•Principles of Yoga - Yamas and Niyamas for optimal integrity in your yoga practice, and daily life.
•Smaller Classes - Capped at 15 for individual attention and care to each student. Students pre-register for daily classes.
• Interview - Brief discussion of health history prior to first class, and personal goals for a very personal, holistic approach to your health.
•One-on-one yoga therapy, and wellness programs.
- Assisting you in reaching your goals through the wisdom of classical Hatha, Restorative, Yin, and Raja yoga. (for more info on the style of yoga taught at Vidya Yoga please click here.)
•Specialized Yoga - Restorative Yoga Therapy for those living with discomfort or lack of mobility, and beginner yoga for the absolute beginner, to intermediate, who seeks optimal attention, and care with smaller classes. Holistic recommendations such as nutritional supplementation, lifestyle improvements, and healthy diet protocol for maximum results.
• Optimal Care - Certified with Canadian Yoga Alliance, Member of IAYT (Association Yoga Therapists), patient, caring, full of enthusiasm, and integrity *see Yamas and Niyamas.
• Environment - Attention to subtle details, so that you feel supported to experience deep relaxation, allowing the healing progress to arise naturally.
No reviews yet