‘Yoga means union, the union of individual existence with the cosmic existence, union of individual “I-am” with the cosmic “ I-Am”. …..Yoga is the holistic way of life where union and harmony of the body, the mind, and the soul or consciousness, ‘I-Am” are fundamental.’ — Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Guru and Founder: Yoga Society of San Francisco, Brahmananda Ashram
Brahmananda Ashram (Yoga Society of San Francisco) 200-Hour teacher training embraces all the 8 limbs of yoga, as described by The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. It is a comprehensive & holistic studies program that can be a life guide for the Self: both Evolutionary (Temporal) as well as Non-temporal (Atman).
Ours is a Yoga Alliance certified 200-Hour yoga teacher training where you will immerse yourself in the practices of Asana (Hatha & Vinyasa yoga), Pranayama (breathwork), Meditation and a Yoga lifestyle. You will be immersed in healthy, conscious eating (vegetarian), thinking and living. Learn the Art of Happy and Harmonious living by evolving and awakening the ground of your true self (I-Am). Our program is based on the spiritual teachings of Sri Brahamananda Sarsavati – founder and Guru of YSSF.
Intentions & goals of Brahmananda Ashram YTT
1. More and More meditation, contemplation, evolution and the awakening of I-Am as I-Am
2. Bring the light of I-Am forward into the body-mind in order to guide our actions, speech and thoughts by the light of the True Self
3. Cultivate Skills and confidence in teaching/sharing/practicing Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
4. Develop strength, flexibility, tolerance and balance in the body and breath and therefore have the ability to release tension throughout the system and throughout life. Create an expanded feeling of harmony and connection.
5. Understand the value of conscious and correct breathing, opening and balance subtle energy centers (Chakras) and nervous system (Nadis)
6. Open and clear the Heart from grasping tendencies in order to cultivate forgiveness, love, letting go and acceptance
7. Live a mindful, vigilant and stress-free life. Learn to manage stress and awaken the inner healer by practicing deep relaxation, awareness and body –mind connection (Yoga Nidra)
8. Live a principled, Dharma – centered life. Understand the 8 limbs of Yoga, including Yama & Niyama, for cultivating peace, creativity and harmony with oneself, others and the entire world.
9. Participate creatively and evolve with the Divine force (Shakti) on the ground of I-Am (Karma yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Jhana Yoga). Continuously offer oneself to the Divine, free oneself from the grasp of Ego.
10. Master the restless mind.
The 2015 Brahmananda Ashram Yoga Teacher Training will run in two 100-Hour segments from Thursday July 16 – Sunday, July 26 and Thursday, December 10 – December 20. Both Immersions are 10 days – with one day off for integration.
Sample schedule (will vary per day) follows:
1) 8:00 am — Fire Ceremony
2) 8:30-10:00 am — Breakfast
3) 10:00-12:00 pm — Bring it all together — Create and Teach Hatha Yoga
4) Sequences — with Sumukhi
5) 12:00-1:30 pm — Yoga of Eating & Lunch — Briksha
6) 1:30-3:30 pm — Free time
7) 3:45-5:00 pm — Fundamentals of Yoga, Chapter 29, Samadhi with Briksha and Sumukhi
8) 5:00-6:00 pm — Practice teaching Samadhi
9) 6:00-7:30 pm — Dinner
10) 7:30 pm — Vedic Fire Ceremony — Students learn to lead fire ceremony
1) 5:00-6:00 am — Pranayama
2) 6:00-7:15 am — Morning Asana
3) 7:30-8:00 am — Fire Ceremony
4) 8:00-9:00 am — Breaktast
5) 9:00-10:00 am — Yoga Philosophy and Practice
6) 10:15-11:30 am — Vinyasa Yoga
7) 12:00-1:00 pm — Lunch
8) 1:00-3:30 pm — Free Time
9) 3:30-5:30 pm — Alignment & Anatomy
10) 6:00-7:30 pm —Dinner
11) 7:30 pm — Vedic Fire Ceremony
12) 8:00-9:00 pm — Yoga Sutras
October for Yoga Teacher Training and Urban Yoga Retreat
Earn 50 Hours for October 29-November 2: 200-hr Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Teacher Training
with a supplemental 3 weeks+ ashram residency and a flexible schedule
This yoga teacher training focuses on self-inquiry and self-analysis. This is a journey to explore Who am I? What do I want? What does the divine want of me? What is my dharma?
Visit Journey of I AM for more information.
Read more at:
We are blessed to have a big beautiful Queen Anne Victorian manor house in San Francisco’s Mission District as our home and sanctuary. We are always grateful for visitors and would love to show you around our beautiful glass-ceiling Vedic temple, expansive Hatha Yoga Studio, sun deck, meditation hall/sanskrit study, gift shop, and warm guest rooms.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 11 – 6
Location and Snail Mail: 2872 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94110 USA
Visit us here:
No reviews yet