Hatha Yoga Instructor
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
E-RYT 200 – RYT 500 / YA ID: 54136
Argelia has been a dedicated practitioner of Yoga and Meditation since 1999. Her practice has been profoundly influenced by her in-depth studies of Tibetan and Zen Buddhism, as well as her studies of the Tao. As a student of Zen Buddhism, she views Yoga as a vehicle for kindness and compassion. She maintains a clear spotlight on the needs of each student, and helps them improve spiritually and physically through focus, balance, and alignment.
Along with various styles of Yoga, Argelia uses meditation, mantras and mudras to help each participant go deeper inside themselves. By allowing time to go deeply into the postures, her students find their own unique ways to restore health and flexibility. With her support her students learn proper structure and alignment which allows them to take their own journeys inside and discover the meaning of deepening practice.
Each class, while it may differ in pace or type of Yoga, offers students an opportunity to use breath, body and spirit as a tool of renewal. Argelia’s methods encourage students to examine and honor their own purpose in doing Yoga –for a class, a day, or for their own lives.
Argelia’s students learn that alignment is more than simply physical, that the source of joy and creative renewal in Yoga lies not in the teacher’s offerings, but in how deep the student takes that which is lovingly offered.
She started teaching Yoga at Arbol del Yoga and Yoga en Forma Escuela both studios in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. She got her Teacher’s Training Certificate (RYT 200) at Yoga Vallarta Studio from Maria Abad ERYT 500 in 2010. In 2014 she went to a 300 hour advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India which now qualifies her as an RYT 500 hour yoga teacher.
Recently, Argelia shared her practice as a Yoga Teacher and as Buddhist practitioner in Central Europe (Slovakia and Czech Republic) as well as in Guayaquil, Ecuador. In Mexico, she has participated as a Yoga Teacher in Zen and Hatha Yoga Retreats in San Sebastian del Oeste and in Puente Grande, Jalisco. In 2014, upon the invitation of the head of the school, she taught classes at the Shiva Yoga Peeth School in India.
She is the Resident Teacher at Xinalani Retreat in Quimixto not only as a Yoga Instructor but also as a Zen Meditation Teacher. In April 2012, Argelia received the Buddhist Precepts of a Lay Zen Practitioner and right after the ceremony she got an invitation to spend 3 months practicing as a monastic at Great Vow Zen Monastery in Clatskanie, Oregon.
Argelia has received instruction and deep inspiration from the following Yoga and Zen Teachers:
* SusanaCamargo (Iyengar Yoga Style)
* RobertoMartinez (Restorative Yoga Therapy)
* GloriaFuentes (HathaIyengar Yoga Style)
* Quetzalcoatl Rios(Ashtanga Yoga, VinyasaChakra Yoga)
* MariaAbad(HathaYoga, YinYoga)
* ElyseBriggs (Thai Massage)
* LauraCuenca (Laughter Yoga)
* Dharmapriya(Iyengar Yoga Style)
* Matej Jurenka (Shrivatsa Yoga)
* Indu Bala Bhardwaj (Hatha Integral Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Asthanga Yoga)
* Swami Sudhir Anand (Traditional Hatha Yoga: Asanas, Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas)
* Zen Priest Anka Rick (Puerto Compasivo, Puerto Vallarta)
* Former Abbott of San Francisco Zen Center Zoketsu Norman Fisher
* Current Co-Abbotts Chozen and Hogen Bays at Great Vow Zen Monastery (Clatskanie, Oregon)
“You cannot enter the door of Yoga without kindness and compassion for others.”
Tibetan Book of Yoga