Through yoga practice, I have learned patience, understanding, and compassion. Through teaching yoga, I have been given the wonderful pleasure of watching my students grow as individuals in their own practice, overcome fears, and face problems with confidence. They have taught me how to listen, the value of friendship, and how to examine my own motives for teaching in order to improve them. When I am teaching, I give particular attention to alignment, flexibility, breath, and balance, so that students benefit completely from their practice. I try to teach with empathy, sincerity, enthusiasm, and gentle humor to make each pose fresh every time. I also feel I am serving a larger purpose, order, community, society, and the planet. I try to preserve honor and maintain the teaching so other's can learn and teach as well. My mission is to instruct others so that they may each find their particular life path toward union of the mind, body, and spirit.
Yoga Studies with:
• Glenda Payne (for 17 years) who has taught yoga for 20+ years in Springfield
• Loa Freeman of Success Naturally in Springfield
• Joan Rosen and Kirsten Kukel of Body of Work Studio in Springfield
• Beth Spindler, founder of Teach to Inspire in Springfield
• Gabriel Halpern of The Yoga Circle in Chicago
• Thomas Michael Fortel, a student of Rodney Yee and resident teacher at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, CA.
• Sri Goswami Kriyananda, master yogi, author and founder of The Temple of Kriya Yoga in Chicago.
• David Lipshutz (Enoch Dasa Giri) of Chicago
• Swami Kim Schwartz of High Desert Yoga in New Mexico
• Bonnie Suzanne Johnson, RN, author, certified Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor, Child Development Specialist, Certified Holistic Nurse, and student of religion with BA in Behavioral Sciences
• Thomas Ashley-Farrand - Mantra Meditation
• Sanskrit and yoga with Paul Alix who regularly returns to India to study at the Mandiram under the guidance of TKV Desikachar (son of the revered T Krishnamacharya), is creator of Yoga For All®, Any Body, Any Condition, Any Age® and with many other accolades, was editor of Swami Satchidananda's famous and bestselling text 'The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali'.
• Shivanii Ma, Madhurii Ma, and Narayanii Ma of the Women's Progressive Spiritual Council at Heart Haven/Ananda Hrdaya Mata in Willow Springs, MO.