Hatha, Iyengar, Ashtanga, & Vinyasa style
Brittany has a passion for helping others to bring mind, body, and spirit into harmony with one another. Encouraging her students personal growth in their practices as well as reminding them to have gratitude and a whole lot of self love in everything they do.
With a background in Hatha, Asthanga, and Vinyasa yoga her classes incorporate a strong focus on building strength while simultaneously allowing the breath to slowly open and release tension in the body. Learning to control the breath, listen, and tune in to the way your body feels as it flows and moves is essential to this beautiful practice.
Having focus on Iyengar style alignment, use of props, and physical adjustments to make sure all students, no matter their size, age, or physical ability, feel good practicing in a safe, positive, and supportive environment.
Experiencing the profound impact yoga has had in her own life Brittany is excited to share this knowledge and help guide her students on their own paths!
“Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and to endure what cannot be cured.” – Iyengar
1. Favourite yoga pose - Headstand (Sirsasana) because it always helps calm my mind but at the same time is exciting and fun. Headstand is a great way to literally 'flip' your perspective in your world!
2. Other interests - Hiking and being in nature, travelling anywhere, listening to great music, martial arts, cooking & baking anything and everything (especially homemade ice cream!)
3. Favourite Foods - pretty much everything, too hard to choose when there are soo many delicious things to eat in this world
4. Top feel good song - Currently is Slow Down by it's just a really good reminder to literally slow down and enjoy what's around you!
5. Coolest place you've practiced - really anywhere in nature, but specifically in the Muskoka's, and at the Red Rock Amphitheatre in Colorado
6. If you could have a super power what would it be - teleportation so I could travel anywhere at any time to the thousands of places I'd like to see