DANIEL A. GWINN, , ,
1382 Bedford Road, Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
(313) 343-0437 residence; (313) 549-1075 mobile
atha yoganusasanam – now yoga is offered, let us practice where we are . . .
Patanjali, Sutra 1.1
• Yoga Teacher, Just Breathe, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI, 2009-present
Teach weekly basic hatha yoga class, Just B Yoga, all ages, all levels, average class size 7-10 students, emphasizing flexibility, strength, and proper alignment.
• Yoga Teacher, Namaste Yoga, Royal Oak, MI, 2009-present
Teach weekly Moonlight Yoga, Gentle Series, hatha yoga class, with an emphasis on spine health and relaxation. Facilitate self-acceptance and self-awareness in classes ranging from 10 to 40 students with the goal of making the practice of yoga accessible to all fitness levels and ages.
• Yoga Teacher & Workshop Presenter, Yoga Now-Keego, Keego Harbor, MI, 2008-present
Teach weekly hatha yoga class, Yoga for Every Body, class size ranges from 12-40 students, all ages, all fitness levels.
• Private Yoga Teacher, Grosse Pointe Park, MI, 2007-present
Create and instruct private therapeutic yoga sessions with a focus on back health, alignment, overall body awareness, and mobility.
YOGA WORKSHOPS and PRESENTATIONS:
Yoga Asana and Beyond: Yoga Association of Greater Detroit 30th Annual Yoga Day
• Yoga Day workshop exploring the eight limbs of hatha yoga, Farmington Hills, MI, May, 2013.
Yoga for a Cause: Team-in-Training to benefit the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society
• Namaste Yoga, benefit yoga presentation and class for charity, Royal Oak, MI, November, 2012.
Totally Accessible Yoga!
• Michigan Assisted Living Association, Annual Conference and Trade Show, Lansing, MI, 2010-2012, average attendance of 30 conference attendees, evening class combining yoga philosophy and history with an asana practice.
Get Hip – Get Loose!
• Yoga Association of Greater Detroit, Fall Yoga Day, Birmingham, MI, 2010, assisted Nancy McCaochan, , E-RYT
Valentine’s Day Partner Yoga
• Yoga Now-Keego, Keego Harbor, MI, February, 2010.
Hip . . . Hip . . . Hurray! Workshop to develop mobility in the hips
• Yoga Now-Keego, Keego Harbor, MI, January, 2009.
• Taught yoga to breast cancer survivors and those living with or affected by breast cancer. Royal Oak, MI, 2007-2008.
Higher Ground HIV/AIDS Support Group
• Established, marketed, and taught the first yoga class in metropolitan Detroit for people living with HIV/AIDS. Royal Oak, MI, 2007-2008.
• “Raising Your Vibration,” 5 day, 30 hour intensive yoga training with Desiree Rumbaugh, Kripalu Institute, Stockbridge, MA, July 2010; additional 2-3 day workshops led by Desiree Rumbaugh averaging 2-4 times yearly, schedule for the period 2010-2012 included New York, NY; Hollywood, FL; Cleveland, OH; Grand Rapids, MI; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; and Farmington Hills, MI. Ongoing attendance at workshops with Desiree Rumbaugh since 2006.
• Additional 2-3 day yoga workshops/training programs offered by Jason Crandall, Judith Lasater, Arthur Kilmurray, Cyndi Lee, Doug Keller, and Sianna Sherman, 2007-present.
• Attended 3 day Yoga Alliance Conferences in New York, NY, 2009, and Hollywood, FL, 2008, practicing with a number of master level teachers, and attending coursework on pranayama, yoga philosophy, and meditation.
• YogaShala of Namaste Yoga 200 hour RYS (Registered Yoga School) curriculum, Royal Oak, MI, 2007.
EMPLOYMENT - Legal:
BATOR GWINN, , Partner/Attorney, Birmingham, MI, 1993-present
• Attorney in private practice with a special concentration in civil rights litigation and employment defense.
Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, MI, 1995.
Florida International University, Miami, FL, Hospitality Management, 1982.
CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSE:
• Registered Yoga Teacher – Yoga Alliance (200 hour certificate, August, 2007. Within 150 hours of E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) status based upon requirement of 1,000 documented hours of yoga teaching.
• State Bar of Michigan, P53663
• Yoga Alliance
• State Bar of Michigan, Labor and Employment Law Section
Philadelphia Insurance Company Fitness and Wellness Insurance for Yoga Teachers, Policy Number PHPK575331-002
Linda Makowski, owner, Namaste Yoga, Royal Oak, MI (248) 752-3431
Arlene DeMassa, owner, Yoga Now-Keego, Keego Harbor, MI (248) 505-7065
Katie Bonbrisco, Stott Certified Pilates Teacher, Manager, Just Breathe, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (313) 640-9500
Other references available upon request.