I started yoga in college – a class here and there, nothing steady but every time I went a true connection – to myself, to my energy, to others around me. I took note. And I moved on to a “real” career. I followed what was logical and what I was good at which was numbers. I helped people plan the safety of retirement as a Certified Financial Planner®. Security was important to my clients, as was the feeling of empowerment they got by making decisions about their future. I, however, was not feeling quite so empowered. I lacked fulfillment and I felt like I could make a real impact in others lives outside of helping them track their hard-earned dollars.
My goal for you is to help you use your yoga practice to make the right choices. To feel grounded and nurtured in your practice and your life, and to expand physically and mentally. I want you to feel at home and comfortable at The Yoga Stand and on your mat, no matter where you land. I’m always here to answer questions, calm your fears about the unknown and support your journey. It’s truly an honor to meet you and have you in my studio.
• I am a Certified Baptiste (BPYI) Instructor and RYT 200HR, teaching since 2007.
• I have trained extensively with Dolores Cannon, QHHT, in healing hypnosis and am certified Level 1 to hypnotize clients.
• I have expert training in the areas of color therapy and the chakra system.
• I am an experienced life coach.
• I regularly study the art of Reiki, an ancient Japanese technique for energy healing
• I have had personal/weight training certifications.
• Dancing! Why list dancing here? Because it is one of the oldest forms of yoga (according to the Shiva Rea). I love dance and incorporate many things I have learned about energy in my dance training. I am trained in Latin, Ballroom, and my favorite – the West Coast Swing.