Katerina Kappou is a Certified Yoga Instructor (Yoga Alliance RYT-200). She has been teaching yoga since 2009. She teaches Hatha, Mindful Restorative, Perinatal and Baby Yoga.
Through the many hours of instructing mainly private and small groups, she has gotten to know and follow the progress of many practitioners, including people of all ages and levels, and, among others, people dealing with stress and chronic pains, pregnant women and women in the postpartum period. She has come to witness the healing benefits of deep mindful sessions, that focus on the awareness of the different processes that occur on a mental and physical level.
Her sessions, designed to meet the specific abilities and needs of each practitioner, combine healing mindfulness through body/breath awareness, visualization and deep relaxation yoga techniques.
Education - Training:
* 2019: Mindful Restorative Yoga (120hr) by Nada Yoga Place, with Michalis Evangelidis. Athens, Greece
* 2016: Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training by Birthlight™, with Francoise Freedman. Moscow, Russia.
* 2015: Red Tent Doula workshop with Nicola Mahdiyyah Goodall. Athens, Greece
* 2015: Perinatal Yoga CPD (Continuous Professional Development) by Birthlight™, with Francoise Freedman. Athens, Greece
* 2013: Baby Yoga Teacher Training by Birthlight™, with Sally Lomas. Athens, Greece.
* 2012: Perinatal Yoga for Yoga Teachers by Birthlight™, with Rozy Kalliabetsos. Athens, Greece
* 2012: Doula Trainee by Greek Doula Association with Maria Andreaoulaki and Milena Ruskova. Athens, Greece
* 2011: Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher Training by Rainbow Yoga, with Kayetana Rodenas, Athens, Greece.
* 2007 – 2009: Yoga Teacher Training (400hr) at Lotus Yoga Academy, with Linda Kapetaniou (RYT-200 Yoga Alliance), Athens, Greece
* 1998 - 2001 Water Pollution Control (MSc) Middlesex University, UK and Universitat De Valencia, Spain.
* 1994 – 1997: Environmental Sciences (Bsc), University of Sussex, UK