In Denmark they call her the Queen of Yin Yoga. And for a good reason! Kristine Marie Rost has done more than 1200 hours of Yin Yoga and Yin therapy training. She has been working with therapists and doctors educated in Western and Chinese medicine. And she has taught over 4000 Yin Yoga classes and is now training teachers herself as well as assisting her Asian mentor, Victor Chng, at his Yin Yoga teacher trainings in Singapore and Denmark. Kristine is Ms. Yin, and she is here to help the rest of us get our dose of Yin to our Yang, too.
Kristine has experienced firsthand knowledge of how Yin Yoga helps you handle the ups and downs that life has to offer you. How it enables you to just be yourself and live life without the burdens of old feelings and sentiments. And how it strengthens your ability to find the beauty of life, even on rainy days. This is the main reason for her Yin passion, and the reason why she is so eager to spread the word and feeling of Yin Yoga.
Kristine is known for her caring and radiant personality, her laughter, profound knowledge and her ability to gently challenge you to try the important little bits that make all the difference. Yin Yoga with Kristine is not a restorative class. It is a quiet practice that will ground and relax you, yet it is powerful and demanding at the same time. During it all, you will feel safe under her competent guidance. And whether you are new to Yin or an experienced yogi, you will feel the effect of body and mind after a Yin session with Kristine.
Meet Kristine at her regular classes in Copenhagen at Salig or during one of the many retreats, conventions, immersions and teacher trainings that she conducts around Denmark, Europe and Asia. You can also experience her classes at (in Danish). First two weeks for free.
You can learn more about Kristine and Yin Yoga at
Kristine’s professional background as a YY instructor is :
- Specialist in Yin Yoga therapy with more than 1200 hrs. of training in pure Yin Yoga (by mainly Victor Chng, storytelling level 3 with Biff Mihoefter and a few workshops with Sarah Powers)
- Prevention and healing of sports injuries
- 500 Yoga Therapy (YAL), Certified in Restorative Yoga, Senior Yoga and Yoga for women who have undergone breast cancer surgery, 100 hrs. (YAL), Yoga as Medicine 50h
- Certified Anatomy in Motionx2, Slings basis+level 1 by Tom Meyers and co.
- Certified in energetic responsibility
- NLP certified, masterclass in industrial psychology and integration consultant
- Studies TCM (traditional Chinese medicine), Taoism and life
“Yin Yoga strengthens the ability to look at the beauty of life even on a rainy day. So let’s look for rainbows.” - Kristine