Michael Hess is a Tibetan Buddhist, meditation instructor and western yogi. Michael has been meditating for 25 years and is an authorized instructor for a progressive seven-step method for learning meditation taught by Dza Kilung Rinpoche in The Relaxed Mind, a Shambhala Publications book.
Michael lived and studied in Tibet and has traveled extensively throughout the Himalayan regions of Tibet, Nepal, India and China.
About The Relaxed Mind:
Westerners face a unique set of obstacles when walking the path of meditation. Our fast‐paced, high‐pressure lifestyle carries over into the way we approach meditation practice, and we often have difficulty achieving genuine relaxation of body and mind.
Dza Kilung Rinpoche’s book, “The Relaxed Mind” presents a seven‐step practice adapted from the authentic Tibetan Buddhist meditation tradition. Students will learn effective techniques to counteract the overwhelming distractions of our culture; to develop calm, clarity, and wisdom; and to reduce stress, anxiety and depression in our busy modern world.
Experienced practitioners, as well as beginning meditators, will benefit from this opportunity to discover what is possible when we release tension on every level—from the physical body, to the heart, to the subtlest energies of the mind.
The Relaxed Mind approach will help you to:
• Learn conscious breathing to link body, energy and mind
• Explore postures and gazes appropriate for different body types and energy levels
• Practice calm abiding with techniques that anchor the wandering mind
• Relax into a deeper sense of harmony with your own mind
• Develop clarity, equanimity and non-conceptuality through the practice of insight
• Cultivate the heart of compassion to radiate kindness and inspiration
• Transcend dualistic fixation to merge with the flow of existence
• Rest in a fully integrative experience of natural awareness