Yoga has been an ever-present backdrop, orientating and guiding who I am and what I do for over 25 years. I'm glad I started my journey before this craziness of asana began and to have had teachers who hold a flame showing me what I can't yet see for myself and who embody yoga as a deep personal practice of connection.
- Yoga is simply connection.
- Asana is not yoga and whether it has anything to do with yoga or not
depends on the energetic of your teacher.
- Choose your teacher carefully ... their energetic is what you absorb.
- Don't study with anyone who has less than 8 years of dedicated personal practice (yes - you should ask them).
- Don't even think about studying with anyone who has been teaching for less than 5 years (15 if you are serious about it).
- If yoga isn't calling strongly to you - don't do it. Go and play tennis or drink beer or do whatever it is that life is asking you to do in this moment.
Nancy Gibson has not set up appointments on YogaTrail... but you can send an inquiry ▶