We teach the authentic, traditional Yoga, based on the Scripture of the great Yogi Gheranda. We call it Sapta Yoga, founded by Swami Sadananda Giri (Sushil Bhattacharya).
Sapta means the seven Systems:
1. Sat Karmas or Purification cleanses the body for higher practice. (This includes Dhauti, Basti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli and Kapala Bhati).
2. Asana or Posture gives Dridhata or strength.
3. Mudra gives Sthirata or steadiness. (Mudras control the energy systems).
4. Pratyahara gives Dhairyata or calmness. (This helps to withdraw the mind from outer objects of distraction).
5. Pranayama gives Laghima or lightness. (Sushil says, "Some people are afraid to practice Pranayama, but there is no danger if one receives proper instruction. It helps to purify the body and mind, helping to remove sickness").
6. Dhyana or Meditation gives Pratyakshata or perception of Self.
7. Samadhi or Self realisation.